The Student Room Group

Help, was I spiked?

I was out drinking with friends the other night but I seriously remember none of it. I had my usual vodka and coke -about 5 over the space of 7 hours- I'm not a light weight and usually I can handle more than this. Apparently half way through the night I disappeared from my friends in the club and a mutual friend said they saw me drinking with a stranger and accepting a drink from him. Apparently a while after this I became confused and was struggling to walk. I don't remember any of the night and I felt so ill the next day. I've been "going out" just under a year now, I've never reacted like this after a night out. My friends wanted me to have a blood test but the day after we had been drinking I was apparently drifting in and out of consciousness for several hours so by the time I came round it was too late to go for a test. Was I possibly spiked?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I was out drinking with friends the other night but I seriously remember none of it. I had my usual vodka and coke -about 5 over the space of 7 hours- I'm not a light weight and usually I can handle more than this. Apparently half way through the night I disappeared from my friends in the club and a mutual friend said they saw me drinking with a stranger and accepting a drink from him. Apparently a while after this I became confused and was struggling to walk. I don't remember any of the night and I felt so ill the next day. I've been "going out" just under a year now, I've never reacted like this after a night out. My friends wanted me to have a blood test but the day after we had been drinking I was apparently drifting in and out of consciousness for several hours so by the time I came round it was too late to go for a test. Was I possibly spiked?

Definately a possibility. Unfortionatelty it ay be too late to get a test done to know for sure, but I would see a doctor to talk to about it. You could also see a counselor (your uni will probably have links to one). I immagine this is very difficult for you so pease remember you do not have to go through it alone.

Did somebody you trust bring you home and make sure you were okay? Sounds like nothing came of it and that's the most important thing. :console:You are okay now so try not to upset yourself about what could have been.
FYI, the NHS does not offer blood or urine tests for people who believe their drug was spiked. Not only are these tests profoundly expensive, there is a large body of pharmacological evidence which suggests that drink spiking with anything other than alcohol is essentially an urban legend.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous

It's an unfortunate possibility. It would be worth seeing a doctor if you can to talk about it as they'll be able to check you over and make sure there are no lasting effects. It might also be worth considering contacting the police if that's what you want to do. Personally, I'd think about contacting the bar. They might have CCTV and may be able to help you figure out what happened. Plus, they might be able to stop him coming back and doing it to someone else

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Etomidate
FYI, the NHS does not offer blood or urine tests for people who believe their drug was spiked. Not only are these tests profoundly expensive, there is a large body of pharmacological evidence which suggests that drink spiking with anything other than alcohol is essentially an urban legend.

To be fair, there is a larger body of evidence suggesting that Rohypnol and GHB break down too quickly to be found in blood or urine at the point that people believe they have been spiked.

If anybody thinks they have been roofied they should pee in a clean pot or bottle (like a newly bought bottle of water which has been emptied) and stick it in the fridge. Then decide if you wish to pursue the culprit. Never put off the sampling: just do it.

Quick Reply

Latest