The Student Room Group

Psychology lab classes

Hi,

I am looking to apply to psychology this year and had a few question in mind.
I looked at the course content at some of the universities and they had stated that there will be laboratory classes/work.
So I was wondering, what will the laboratory works be based on?
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by WORLDCAPTURE
Hi,

I am looking to apply to psychology this year and had a few question in mind.
I looked at the course content at some of the universities and they had stated that there will be laboratory classes/work.
So I was wondering, what will the laboratory works be based on?
Thanks

A key part of a Psychology degree is writing your own reports- many of them. The lab sessions will usually be whatever your report's method is so that you will be able to write about it.

So this means the lab classes can vary. One time you might just be filling out questionnaires, another time you might be strapping electrodes to your pals. It usually gets more interesting as you go further into the degree though.
At UCL, we were asked to take part in experiments. The data for the whole class was collated at we were given it in raw form to analyze on SPSS or given the SPSS output. We then had to to produce a full lab report based on that data analysis, including literature review, hypothesis, methods, results, discussion and future research/implications/limitations etc.

Quick Reply

Latest