The Student Room Group

Post a photo of your favourite childhood soft toy :)

Hello there :wavey:Meet Eric!
eric.jpg
Eric the Elephant is the same age as me.
He didn't always used to be multicoloured :mmm:He first appeared blue, shiny and new, given to me when I was just a wee lil baby, however, I used to chew on his trunk, so that was the first to go :tongue:
Then the rest of him :rofl:
He got patched up at a local repairs shop in central Edinburgh, not far from where I used to live for the first few years of my little Cheesy life :teehee:
Now he lies in a shrine by my bedside :love:
He's where my love of elephants comes from @iEthan :elefant:

Post yours! Does yours have a story? Lets counteract the upcoming spookiness of Halloween with stories of cute cuddily goodness! :cute: :h:

Scroll to see replies

@Spock's Socks @aamirac no hiding :colone:

Spoiler

I absolutely love elephants, they're so clever. They are known to grieve and bury their dead. :frown:
Amazing animals.
I used to have this godzilla puppet I used to put my hand in and control its mouth with. Sadly I haven't seen it for a good few years now or I'd show it off. :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3

I have many soft toys, but this is the only one I have at uni with me as it is one of my favourites. This is Honey Junior, I have had him since I was a baby, so 20 years now!
Original post by cbreef
I absolutely love elephants, they're so clever. They are known to grieve and bury their dead. :frown:
Amazing animals.
I used to have this godzilla puppet I used to put my hand in and control its mouth with. Sadly I haven't seen it for a good few years now or I'd show it off. :frown:

:elefant: woohoo
Awh thanks for sharing though :hugs:

Original post by Airmed

I have many soft toys, but this is the only one I have at uni with me as it is one of my favourites. This is Honey Junior, I have had him since I was a baby, so 20 years now!

AWW SO CUTE :heart:

Original post by Bluebutterfly310
Aww that is so cute. :smile:

My favourite childrenhood toy was a elephant similar to yours, but unfortunately it got lost when i moved about. :/ But my other favourite toy was a poples (bet no one knows what they are lol) which is like 40 years old was given to my mum when she was born and got passed to me when i was born :h:

:cry2:
Aw thanks for sharing, such a cute name :love:

@UWS share your story :smile:
No worries. Do you know what a poples is?? :holmes:

Er :colondollar:
They are a old toy that came out in the 1980's lol, so very old.

Mine looks like this --> https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/79/88/e9/7988e923b84ed2c1c6593b3c33bf95f0.jpg

then they can fold into a ball lol --> http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/images/g/QdQAAOSw9eVXVwH9/s-l225.jpg

Awww :heart:
I love teddies and soft toys! This is the perfect thread for me

Here's mine, and a story to go with him (excuse the white paint, he's so fragile that I don't want to scrub his paw too hard):

Picture of my special ted:

Spoiler

Story:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Hello there :wavey:Meet Eric!
eric.jpg
Eric the Elephant is the same age as me.
He didn't always used to be multicoloured :mmm:He first appeared blue, shiny and new, given to me when I was just a wee lil baby, however, I used to chew on his trunk, so that was the first to go :tongue:
Then the rest of him :rofl:
He got patched up at a local repairs shop in central Edinburgh, not far from where I used to live for the first few years of my little Cheesy life :teehee:
Now he lies in a shrine by my bedside :love:
He's where my love of elephants comes from @iEthan :elefant:

Post yours! Does yours have a story? Lets counteract the upcoming spookiness of Halloween with stories of cute cuddily goodness! :cute: :h:

I have the urge to chew my blanket.
Original post by SteamboatMickey

Here's mine, and a story to go with him (excuse the white paint, he's so fragile that I don't want to scrub his paw too hard):

Spoiler

Story:

Spoiler

:five: Welcome to the thread :ahee:
Awh he is so cute! <3
What a lovely story!
I think if anything (more :tongue:) happened to Eric I'd cry incessantly for a year :tongue:
Thanks for sharing :smile:
Original post by Illimitable
I have the urge to chew my blanket.

Stop
Drop
Roll on the floor laughing :h:
Stop
Drop
Roll on the floor laughing :h:

Don't get what you mean. I'm kind of slow so you have to explain things before hand. :smile:
:five: Welcome to the thread :ahee:
Awh he is so cute! <3
What a lovely story!
I think if anything (more :tongue:) happened to Eric I'd cry incessantly for a year :tongue:
Thanks for sharing :smile:

You're welcome!! I understand you, although I love all of my teddies (I have a special elephant from London as well), Winnie is the most important. :smile: It's a little dark, but I always wonder what will happen to our teddies when we die, I mean our successors may not regard them with the same sentimentality as us. I hate to think of Winnie not being kept safe and loved (but I could never give them away - unlike Andy). Probably why Toy Story resonates so strongly with me :redface:

Spoiler

Story:

Spoiler

That is a peculiar hole in an interesting place. Is there something you're not telling us? :tongue:
Reply 14
Can someone help me on this question please

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cbreef
That is a peculiar hole in an interesting place. Is there something you're not telling us? :tongue:

Promise you I'm telling the truth, it's just very unfortunate!! :lol:
Don't get what you mean. I'm kind of slow so you have to explain things before hand. :smile:

Stop - drop - roll = fire safety procedure
:tongue:

You're welcome!! I understand you, although I love all of my teddies (I have a special elephant from London as well), Winnie is the most important. :smile: It's a little dark, but I always wonder what will happen to our teddies when we die, I mean our successors may not regard them with the same sentimentality as us. I hate to think of Winnie not being kept safe and loved (but I could never give them away - unlike Andy). Probably why Toy Story resonates so strongly with me :redface:

:smile: awwwwwww :five:
:erm: :afraid: :hide:
They'll

Original post by cbreef

:rofl:

Original post by z_o_e
Can someone help me on this question please

Posted from TSR Mobile

No room for Biology on my thread :yucky:
Alternatively if you post a picture of your cuddly toy...
Stop - drop - roll = fire safety procedure
:tongue:

:smile: awwwwwww :five:
:erm: :afraid: :hide:
They'll

:rofl:

No room for Biology on my thread :yucky:
Alternatively if you post a picture of your cuddly toy...

Ohh ok. :smile:
Ohh ok. :smile:

XD sorry for confusion caused XD
XD

I've had him 24 years. His name is Fatcat. My grandparents gave him to me when I was four days old.

Quick Reply

Latest