The Student Room Group

What's your personality type? I'll tell you what I like/dislike about your type ITT

Scroll to see replies

ENFJ, -A/-T
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by iEthan
D'aw, this made me smile a lot. Being an INFJ can be very lonely, as I'm sure you've found in your searches! It's nice to hear you're fascinated by us, haha! I've always held slightly crazy intuitions and one weird thing I can do... I can almost ALWAYS tell when someone is lying to me. Everyone has a slight deviation in their face and voice when they tell a lie. Even the best liars do. I notice, but I never tell. Trust is important to me and it's very hard to earn. Lie to me and I won't trust you. I have loads of little ideals like that!

ENTP's are also very intriguing to me personally and I am incredibly envious of your extroversion, but I know I'd never trade my introversion for it. Just an idealistic desire to be more at peace with myself. :closedeyes:

I've noticed INFJ's love my spiel. I think there's a mutual admiration there. I hate that you guys are only 1% of the population - I'm set on finding an INFJ wife (seriously lol) but you guys are elusive as ****. Where can I find you rare delicacies? Bookshops, poetry readings, libraries....... I've tried them all to no avail:frown:
Reply 22
ENTP - T
59% Extraverted
66% Intuitive
73% Thinking
76% Prospecting

69% Turbulent
Reply 23
Original post by ForestShadow
reserved for when I do the test

with that comment and avi I bet you're an ENTP like me lol
I love that site too :tongue: I'm INFJ (Advocate)
Original post by Socratesfam
I've noticed INFJ's love my spiel. I think there's a mutual admiration there. I hate that you guys are only 1% of the population - I'm set on finding an INFJ wife (seriously lol) but you guys are elusive as ****. Where can I find you rare delicacies? Bookshops, poetry readings, libraries....... I've tried them all to no avail:frown:

You'll find us sitting at home, silly! Social interaction is a weak point, only done when absolutely required and we usually drag ourselves to social occasions for the want to keep our friends happy. So if we're anywhere, we're at dinner with friends or we're occasionally found on our phones at parties haha! I don't have any close INFJ friends, I find I get on most with INTP or INFPs. So try looking around them!

Beware though, social interaction is often incredibly exhausting - and the extroverted amongst us can sometimes unsettle INFJs with their eagerness and... joie de vivre shall we say? :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
https://www.16personalities.com/

I'm pretty much obsessed with this ****, so if you tell me your type I'll guess what subject(s) you enjoy, what I like/dislike about people like you and generally psychoanalyze the **** out of you.

I shall reveal type if there's enough responses. You'll be freaked out by how accurate the test is...

ENTP. Pls go wild.

Ugggh, I hate you guys! My older brother is an ENTJ.

Pros: Most efficient people on the planet, charismatic as hell, usually end up obscenely rich, very confident and academic all-rounders.

Cons: PRACTICALLY SOCIOPATHS. Huge egos, don't care about how you affect people, only care about the bottom-line and annoyingly domineering/bossy. Examples include Napoleon, Frank Underwood and Tony Soprano.

YOU GUYS ARE PURE EVIL.
Reply 29
INTJ-A?
Original post by iEthan
You'll find us sitting at home, silly! Social interaction is a weak point, only done when absolutely required and we usually drag ourselves to social occasions for the want to keep our friends happy. So if we're anywhere, we're at dinner with friends or we're occasionally found on our phones at parties haha! I don't have any close INFJ friends, I find I get on most with INTP or INFPs. So try looking around them!

Beware though, social interaction is often incredibly exhausting - and the extroverted amongst us can sometimes unsettle INFJs with their eagerness and... joie de vivre shall we say? :wink:

INFP here :hubba:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by iEthan

Yeah, but us ENTPs are meant to be the most "introverted extroverts" and you INFJs are supposedly the most extroverted introverts, so it's perfect. Plus, I'd contentedly stare silently at an INFJ for hours, just admiring them in all their tranquil beauty. But in reality I get so ****ing excited around INFJs I can barely stop talking.

I wonder which unis attract the most INFJs....
Reply 32
HOLY ****, YOU'RE MY FAVOURITE PERSONALITY TYPE (as as I'm sure you know, the rarest.)

The only original thing I can tell you is that as an ENTP, we worship you guys. You're ****ing fascinating and we see through that taciturn, haughty exterior. We want to pick your esoteric little minds and hear your batshit crazy personal intuitions. I've never talked to an INFJ who I didn't immediately want to elope with. Oh, and unlike us ENTPs, you somehow manage to balance being incredibly abstract and high-minded with actually being organized and having your **** together.

By far my favourite type.

Rare, yes. Rarest, no.

INTJs are the rarest.
INFJ-T
Yeah, but us ENTPs are meant to be the most "introverted extroverts" and you INFJs are supposedly the most extroverted introverts, so it's perfect. Plus, I'd contentedly stare silently at an INFJ for hours, just admiring them in all their tranquil beauty. But in reality I get so ****ing excited around INFJs I can barely stop talking.

Sounds like you're really into us :wink:
Original post by chelseadagg3r
INFP here :hubba:

See, I get on with you! What can I say, I'm right. :u:

hello :colondollar:

Indeed that is very true, I enjoy social interaction a lot but I find it so very tiring. I often come home from something social and sleep haha. I enjoy that most about INFJs. If I'm with someone I trust, someone that I consider a friend... there's no real doubt in them because I choose friends incredibly carefully. So I can happily sit there in silence, just grateful for the company of someone who understands me. It's blissful. :yep:

Who knows!
with that comment and avi I bet you're an ENTP like me lol

its going to be quite interesting cos I used to be pretty damn shy until I was about 16 but then I became way more confident :holmes:
ENTP

(My boyfriend is an INFJ - I know I'm lucky :cool:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by iEthan
See, I get on with you! What can I say, I'm right. :u:

hello :colondollar:

Apparently I come across as super intimidating at first so that's good to hear :laugh:

also hello
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rhaenys10
ENTP. Pls go wild.

YEAH BUDDY!!! My type.

PROS: Extremely intelligent and charismatic, funniest type by far (most comedians are ENTPS), extremely quick mentally and just generally awesome at drawing connections between scatological ****. Raconteurs whose witty rants entertain our diverse friend groups. We're pretty much the cool nerds, the alpha beta males, the Stephen Fry's and Frankie Boyle's of the world.

CONS: HUGE EGOS. We're outwardly self-deprecating but secretly we believe we're the **** and we look down on almost everyone. Scatter-brained and lazy as ****, most often we were identified as gifted children but spent too much time effing about to achieve our full potential. Not quite as smart as the INTJ and INTPs who can concentrate on STEM subjects more successfully. We're massive trolls who say controversial **** just to provoke a debate. WE NEVER SHUT THE **** UP AND OUR MOTHERS HAVE DESCRIBED US AS ARGUMENTATIVE SINCE WE WERE 3. Also, we're too cool to be nerds but too nerdy to be cool, so we end up having 1000 acquaintances and very few close friends.

Overall though, we're awesome (Tony Stark, George Carlin and Ben Franklin are good examples)

Quick Reply