The Student Room Group

Should police be allowed to shoot illegal migrants at the border?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by #ChaosKass
Yes. Absolutely yes. They're breaking the law, why should they be allowed to just cross without any repercussions? If they break the law they deserve to be punished.

Your opinions are always stupid lol. They don't deserve to be shot lmao.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody who would even entertain such an idea is an absolute disgrace.
No they shouldn't be shot but instead be put down using non lethal rounds, tasers etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No
Original post by #ChaosKass
Yes. Absolutely yes. They're breaking the law, why should they be allowed to just cross without any repercussions? If they break the law they deserve to be punished.

So if someone here breaks the law they should be shot?
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
How do you know for certain they're Syrian though? If you're referring to the migrant crisis now, that's completely different to what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about it in the general sense.

Hence why I said 'some', and they usually have some form of ID that can be used to verify their nationality against databases/sources

The articles included in the OP largely refer to the migrant crisis, so I could only assume that's what you were talking about.
Original post by childofthesun
Hence why I said 'some', and they usually have some form of ID that can be used to verify their nationality against databases/sources

The articles included in the OP largely refer to the migrant crisis, so I could only assume that's what you were talking about.

Oh no I was talking about it generally! Apologies :smile:
No, they shouldn't.
These people claim to defend 'British values' but then fly in the face of said values, such as opposing capital punishment and upholding the rule of law so we can shoot dem foreigners. It's just embarassing.
Original post by Plagioclase
Anybody who would even entertain such an idea is an absolute disgrace.

Well TSR isnt short of them.
Original post by frankielogue
Yes, shoot them with an education and a right to basic life.

Why should an illegal economic migrant be entitled to "a basic life" and an "education" at the expense of the British taxpayer?
Original post by jake4198
Why should an illegal economic migrant be entitled to "a basic life" and an "education" at the expense of the British taxpayer?

Nobody is illegal. Everyone is entitled to a basic life and an education regardless of birthplace. Do you not realise that all migrants that work (a higher percent than British workers) have to pay tax AND pay for the NHS???
If it was just Syrians it would be OK, but its not. Eritreans, Somalis, Afghans, God knows who else from God knows where. The whole world cannot move to Blighty simply because its a nice place to live. Or eventually it will become an overpopulated **** hole.
No :emo::noway::nope::nooo::no::sad::s:
Original post by Reue
If a country refuses entry and someone tries to get in how is that any different to being invaded? Shoot them

Blimey, I thought better of you, Reue! It's different from invasion because they're not organised and their goal in entering the country is not to kill people or take territory. They are not entering by force, so force is not warranted.
Original post by kangsterf
No, the war is their problem. It's their own country, if they were true patriots they would try to improve the standard of living in their own countries instead of taking advantage of our country.

If your choice was between staying in Britain and dying pointlessly and trying to migrate to another country, what would you do?
Original post by Reue
If a country refuses entry and someone tries to get in how is that any different to being invaded? Shoot them

I mean it's different in pretty much every conceivable way but apart from that yeah pretty similar.

Also if the queen signs a law and then someone breaks it then that's technically treason and the punishment should be hanging IMO.

The only question is what is worse? Economic migrants selfishly invading us just to get away from civil wars or stoners undermining society from within by taking ages to order pizza. So maybe migrants should be hanged and everyone else should be shot?? IDK you're the expert here.
Original post by biglad2k16
If the country doesn't want them and they keep trying to get in, should the police be allowed to use force on them? Personally, I don't think they should but a few Wuropean politicians have advocated this:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3426138/German-politician-says-migrants-shot-border-trying-enter-country-illegally.html
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35452306

What do you think?

Arrest: yes.

Kill: no, that would be ridiculously childish proposition.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I'm going to talk about the Calais Jungle migrants with this one. They've been offered accommodation and help by the French but that means having to put themselves onto the French system and to claim asylum in France. Why wouldn't they want to do that? France is a rich country and it's a safe country. My guess is the French welfare system isn't as generous.

Do you know anything about asylum seeker numbers?

If you did then you would realise France already takes twice as many as the UK.
asylum 2014.PNG
Relative to size we take very few asylum seekers compared to other European countries. We come 19th out of 31 countries.
Original post by _gcx
Arrest: yes.

Kill: no, that would be ridiculously childish.

Is childish really the word you're looking for though?

You know, to describe war crimes and such.

Because I never used the might of a first world military to murder civilians for literally no reason when I was a child.

Don't know about you.

Quick Reply

Latest