The Student Room Group
University of York
York
Reply 1
I've never seen that information anywhere, but if anyone does know anything please tell :smile:
University of York
York
Reply 2
I think you need to have applied for that before getting your results.
Reply 3
isnt that a tad unfair though, i can't help it that my school didn't believe in me with predicted grades :mad:
Reply 4
If it did exist it wasn't very publicised, I wish i'd known so I could have applied
It's probably only for certain subjects. The unpopular ones. Too many AAA students will go to York for that to be a universal thing.
Reply 6
yea thats a good point actually
Reply 7
I am on a fairly unpopular course though :P and i heard nothing about it

I don't think it exists!
Reply 8
hmm, it sounded like the sort of thing those where predicted AAAs received in the post. but i could a) getting myself mixed up with somewhere else or b) leaving in some sort of dream world.

or c) both of the above.
Reply 9
peasant
hmm, it sounded like the sort of thing those where predicted AAAs received in the post. but i could a) getting myself mixed up with somewhere else or b) leaving in some sort of dream world.

or c) both of the above.

yeah i think you might be getting mixed up, I was predicted four As and I never got anything :P i'd be getting some money if i was going to Leeds lol
Reply 10
Some other unis do it. I know friends who went to UEA and Bristol both got money for getting 3 As. I, alas, got nothing!
Reply 11
oh well, least we're going to an awesome uni
Reply 12
peasant
oh well, least we're going to an awesome uni

hear, hear
I think Manchester and Queen Mary both have AAA policies where you get about 4000/5000 pounds for the three AAAs, regardless of the subject you're taking. This is means tested, however, so you still only get it if you're poor(ish).
BornUnderPunches
I think Manchester and Queen Mary both have AAA policies where you get about 4000/5000 pounds for the three AAAs, regardless of the subject you're taking. This is means tested, however, so you still only get it if you're poor(ish).

:eek: That is bloody brilliant. I wish York had something like that when I was there. I guess £1000 in first year and £500 for the next three wasn't too bad really though...it's amazing now just how much help there is on offer than when I went to uni. I've no idea on what the current status of awards and bursaries is at York now...so much to do with funing has changed since I started.
Reply 15
Roger Kirk
:eek: That is loody brilliant. I wish York hd something like that when I was there. I guess £1000 in first year and £500 for the next three wasn't too bad really though...it's amazing now ust how much help there is on offer than when I went to uni. I've no idea on waht the current status of awards and bursaries is at York now...so much to o ith funing has changed since I started.

Are you drunk or something? Learn to type! :p:

Full means-tested bursary is £1500 per year now to my knowledge. I've never heard of this AAA scholarship though.
Dez
Are you drunk or something? Learn to type! :p:

Full means-tested bursary is £1500 per year now to my knowledge. I've never heard of this AAA scholarship though.

I think I'm learning to type...see I've improved now :p:
Reply 17
That's good... Keep going and you might just pass Illiad. :wink:
Dez
That's good... Keep going and you might just pass Illiad. :wink:

Biggest waste of my time that was....well the basic course which I did was anyway...I'd guess some of the more advanced ones would be good though.
peasant

or c) both of the above.

probably mistaking it with your local uni; manchester.

if your parents earn less than a particular threshold AND u get 3 As you can get a grant.

they also give other incentives for students who are from the manchester/greater manchester area; such as the Ogden Scholarship I think (pending u meet other criterias). . . i doubt u'll get the Ogden Scholarship if u go to MGS for eg

Latest

Trending

Trending