The Student Room Group

This girl is obsessed with me

So basically I've known this girl for a couple of years and she ask me out. We barely ever spoke but I didn't want to be mean to her so I went out. There I explained nicely to her how I feel and told her we could be friends. This happened a month ago but now I am a bit worried, I think she is obsessed with me. Other week I was at a party and she was acting really desperate. She will always be looking over, she'll be where ever I am. And she does loads of other stuff that worries me. I don't want to be mean to her. I don't know what to do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,
You'll be glad to know that I, and Im sure many other people our age have had similar things.
It seems as though she still likes you, and your being creeped out which obviously means your not attracted to her.
My advice would be to just be honest, (bluntly so if she doesn't take the message) and tell her that you don't feel the same, Im sure she will get over it and understand, its better than her being infatuated and creeping you out.
Best of luck, hopefully everything works out for you :smile:
It's good when their like that because then they won't leave you but if you need space just go do your own thing. Means she likes you :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by CONJH99
Hi,
You'll be glad to know that I, and Im sure many other people our age have had similar things.
It seems as though she still likes you, and your being creeped out which obviously means your not attracted to her.
My advice would be to just be honest, (bluntly so if she doesn't take the message) and tell her that you don't feel the same, Im sure she will get over it and understand, its better than her being infatuated and creeping you out.
Best of luck, hopefully everything works out for you :smile:

Original post by neal95
It's good when their like that because then they won't leave you but if you need space just go do your own thing. Means she likes you :wink:

I explained everything to her and she was like yeah I understand. The thing is am at a stage in life where I cannot be bothered with anything and we are like completely different type of persons'. Tbh I am quite worried about her
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I explained everything to her and she was like yeah I understand. The thing is am at a stage in life where I cannot be bothered with anything and we are like completely different type of persons'. Tbh I am quite worried about her

Yeah, I understand what you mean.
What is making you worry about her?
Reply 5
Original post by CONJH99
Yeah, I understand what you mean.
What is making you worry about her?

Just the fact that she is getting attached a bit too much and when I tell her again that I cannot have a relationship with her, it will break her heart and she might do something wrong. She's that kinds girl. I think I am overthinking this but I, although not love, still do care.
Reply 6
Original post by Foo.mp3
Tell her in the nicest possible way that she's making you feel uncomfortable :console:

I agree.
Are you worried about her going a bit weird/ depressed?
Probably the kindest way to do it is to say that being more than friends would ruin your friendship.
I dont mean to sound harsh, but if she is creeping you out she is obviously obsessed (as you put in your title aha) but she shouldve understood the first time you said it.
Reply 7
Original post by Foo.mp3
Tell her in the nicest possible way that she's making you feel uncomfortable :console:

Thank you. I'll try and explain it to her again
Original post by CONJH99
I agree.
Are you worried about her going a bit weird/ depressed?
Probably the kindest way to do it is to say that being more than friends would ruin your friendship.
I dont mean to sound harsh, but if she is creeping you out she is obviously obsessed (as you put in your title aha) but she shouldve understood the first time you said it.

Yeah, I am quite worried about her going depressed. But I also think I am overthinking. But yeah I'll try and explain that to her. Thank you
So basically I've known this girl for a couple of years and she ask me out. We barely ever spoke but I didn't want to be mean to her so I went out. There I explained nicely to her how I feel and told her we could be friends. This happened a month ago but now I am a bit worried, I think she is obsessed with me. Other week I was at a party and she was acting really desperate. She will always be looking over, she'll be where ever I am. And she does loads of other stuff that worries me. I don't want to be mean to her. I don't know what to do?

Why did you tell her you want to be friends with her if he makes you feel so uncomfortable? :rofl:
Reply 9
Original post by Rhaenys10
Why did you tell her you want to be friends with her if he makes you feel so uncomfortable? :rofl:

Original post by Misogynist
Because he's a buffoon. Can we be friends?

NO no no. Well we'd say hi to each other and talk sometimes. So when she dropped the relationship bomb. I explained how we cannot have a relationship and how this thing can't go past friendship. I didn't ask her if we could be friends and let her hopes high. But yeah, I don't know I might have made it worse.
Reply 10
Thank you. I'll try and explain it to her again

Yeah, I am quite worried about her going depressed. But I also think I am overthinking. But yeah I'll try and explain that to her. Thank you

No worries man,
Hopefully everything works out for the best. If she is a decent person she will understand. :smile:
Original post by Rhaenys10

I don't dislike her, she's doesn't make me feel uncomfortable. The thing that makes me uncomfortable is the fact that even when I have told her we can't have a relationship she still keeps on chasing me. You know I mean
NO no no. Well we'd say hi to each other and talk sometimes. So when she dropped the relationship bomb. I explained how we cannot have a relationship and how this thing can't go past friendship. I didn't ask her if we could be friends and let her hopes high. But yeah, I don't know I might have made it worse.

Do you not find her attractive in any way? Could you make it work for a while?
Do you not find her attractive in any way? Could you make it work for a while?

See I am unsure. We can say I have no feelings towards her, but that's what I though at first and I did go out for a movie with her. But another thing is we are completely different people. Different interests. I am a couch potato and she's really outgoing. She's always at a party and I am sure she'd expect me to go out and stuff but being around too many people is not my thing. So basically I don't know if I have feelings for her, I don't want anything bad for her and I don't think she will be happy with me.
See I am unsure. We can say I have no feelings towards her, but that's what I though at first and I did go out for a movie with her. But another thing is we are completely different people. Different interests. I am a couch potato and she's really outgoing. She's always at a party and I am sure she'd expect me to go out and stuff but being around too many people is not my thing. So basically I don't know if I have feelings for her, I don't want anything bad for her and I don't think she will be happy with me.

You do realise going out with her to watch films and things might be sending the wrong signals? I suggest you tell her what you just said and see what she thinks.
You do realise going out with her to watch films and things might be sending the wrong signals? I suggest you tell her what you just said and see what she thinks.

That was only once, when she ask me out. After the movie I did explain everything to her. But thank you, I will talk to her again
Omg.. you seem like an insecure person. If you Dont like her, Tell, and stop worry about her. You are obsivouly attracted to her, and that scares you. Lol, attraction is NOT love. Stop Playing her, and just stop talking to her. Tell her, sorry, i Dont love you, and i Will never be in love with you. and i am insecure about having a flirt with a lot of girls, and i dont want a gf at the moment. And i Think we are to diffrent for eachother, and it Will NOT workout. Done. Stop sending her mixed signal, to make her feel loved? Lol, you are NOT helping her at all ... And yeah. She Might have been obessed with you, but dont care about it. Just Tell her how you feel, and cut her out of your life.
**** being “kind” with obsessive people. Be assertive and blunt, otherwise they’ll never get it.
Original post by Occitanie
**** being “kind” with obsessive people. Be assertive and blunt, otherwise they’ll never get it.

Well, Then you have to Tell her you Dont like her, otherwise she Will NOT get the fact, that you do not like her? Being kind” to obsessesive People do send very the wrong signals, b i t c h

Stop talking to her, ignore her, i Think then she Will get it. h o e
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Occitanie

Well, Then you have to Tell her you Dont like her, otherwise she Will NOT get the fact, that you do not like her? Cause “Being kind” to obsessive people, do send the very wrong signals, b i t c h.

Quick Reply