The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

#Self catering - Rosebery Hall#

Hello all!
Fortunately I have an offer from Rosebery Hall. It says limited utilities are available but what does it mean?

I guess at least it provides a boiler...

1-does it have a common refrigerator?
2-Cant we cook macaroni there?
3-does it have a common microwave?
4-can we buy some utilities and use electricity in our own single rooms'...

thanks in advance...

best wishes...
Gokhan
Reply 1
semjase
Hello all!
Fortunately I have an offer from Rosebery Hall. It says limited utilities are available but what does it mean?

thanks in advance...

best wishes...
Gokhan

hey dude. i recommend the following link:
http://www.lse.ac.uk/accommodation/RA/faq.htm

i have got a place in roseberry too if i get the grades. the link says that the contents of the kitchen is Kettle, fridge, iron, ironing board, food lockers, a small stove, toaster. so i guess we can cook there but we are not allowed any fridges or microwaves in our rooms so i am worrired about people stealinhg my food. as i am chinese i will probably take a rice cooker there cos it is extremely useful but i will store it in my room and only take it out when i need it. make sure u label ur food well and if possible lock it becasue each kitchen is shared between 22 rooms.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Is Myddelton the old block discussed in the previous threads, which is more silent but not in well condition?

Thanks...
Reply 3
Myddleton wing is the new block, so its facilities are better.

I lived there before, and my food was sometimes stolen by somebody.......but, not always. You have to label your food well (put your room number on your food) before you put it into the fridge.

Also, not every kitchen had a microwave when I was living there. I don't know whether this has been improved or not now.

Generally speaking, it is more quiet at Mydddleton wing than it is at the old block, Rosebery wing.
Reply 4
Is it available to make a petition while we are sending the ACCEPTENCE FORM for a room in a specific wing and floor? about singles...

Thanks...
semjase
Hello all!

thanks in advance...

best wishes...
Gokhan

I also have an offer from Roseberry, I visited recently and I have to say that the kitchens are terrible! All they have (for cooking) is a microwave and a crappy cooker (which is about the size of a microwave).

But, with that said the outside bar and patio definetly makes up for it!
Reply 6
I don't think you can write a petition that indicates which wing or which floor you prefer. However, whether the room available to you is a single or twin should have already stated in your accommodation offer letter/email.

The kitchens in Myddleton wing are better, but those in Rosebery wing are........Anyway, the hall has a good canteen, which offers you various kind of food, and I hear that it has been further improving......Many residents there use the canteen, and it has some special offers at the beginning of the term and it has Christmas dinner and end of year dinner, which is of course not free, but very good!

Latest

Trending

Trending