The Student Room Group

Epq 2017

Hello!

Have you decided on your thesis for your Extended Project? If so, how much research/writing have you done thus far? I'm receiving little direction from school and don't know if I'm even meant to have done anything yet.

Thank you :-)
Reply 1
Hi- I've applied to study Biology at uni, so I've made my EPQ on ageing- ways we can prevent it , to what extent we can prevent it and what issues there are with preventing it. I think definitely begin writing now- I wrote mine in summer as I knew this year would be pretty busy and stressful without also having to worry about writing 5,000 words! I wouldn't do too much research before starting- do enough to ensure your topic isn't too broad or narrow and so you have a rough idea of paragraphs/focus points of your essay. It's important to put pen to paper and just start it- you can always change and re-draft etc.
Reply 2
Original post by morgan.
Hi- I've applied to study Biology at uni, so I've made my EPQ on ageing- ways we can prevent it , to what extent we can prevent it and what issues there are with preventing it. I think definitely begin writing now- I wrote mine in summer as I knew this year would be pretty busy and stressful without also having to worry about writing 5,000 words! I wouldn't do too much research before starting- do enough to ensure your topic isn't too broad or narrow and so you have a rough idea of paragraphs/focus points of your essay. It's important to put pen to paper and just start it- you can always change and re-draft etc.

That sounds like a good topic choice! I have my question but I'm unsure of where to start in terms of writing it. Like you said, I'll just start and see where I go. Thank you! x

Quick Reply

Latest