The Student Room Group

Maths and English GCSEs

Hello.

I want to do my Maths and English GCSEs next summer. I have missed the deadline to do it for free at my local college. Could I just pay an exam centre to let me sit the exams or would I have to pay to do it through something like distant learning?

The price would be £570 and I would rather not have to pay that if I could help it.

Thanks.
You can just pay an exam centre, yes - you don't need to go through distance learning companies to do it yourself. Your local college might agree to take you as a private candidate with you paying the exam costs.
the exam costs are about £35 but could be higher if you go private. Theres enough on the internet that you dont really need to get the extra courses. Best to try and do it this year as its the last chance for the old system once it becomes 1-9 grades it will be a lot harder.
Original post by hrryhll
Hello.

I want to do my Maths and English GCSEs next summer. I have missed the deadline to do it for free at my local college. Could I just pay an exam centre to let me sit the exams or would I have to pay to do it through something like distant learning?

The price would be £570 and I would rather not have to pay that if I could help it.

Thanks.

You can go to an exam centre and check their prices to sit your exams then you can either learn the content yourself or you can pay more but get help from distance learning companies.
I've recently done my iGCSE maths and English from home. It's not that difficult. I did my exams through a private centre in London for about £300 for both. You can get it cheaper through a college but they often won't book you very far in advance as they will normally wait and see how many spaces they have left as their own students come first. I also did a distance learning course at a cost of around £600. Quite frankly I wish I didn't bother with this. There are complete guides for everything maths related on YouTube which explain things a lot clearer. English is a little different as it's not really a factual subject and the only way to learn is to practice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending