The Student Room Group

The Mandela Effect

Recently came across the Mandela effect and actually, I'm gobsmacked.

Here's a list of Mandela effect's I've come across.

I always thought the Mona Lisa had a straight, expressionless face but actually she has a smirk.

The famous line in Snow White isn't Mirror mirror on the wall but Magic mirror on the wall.

Febreeze has always been spelt as Febreze and Looney Toons as Looney Tunes.

Not too sure what this is to be honest.

Anyone, remember different or same as me?
Would love to know your thoughts to this. This is pretty interesting to me.
Reply 2
Omggggggg i stan this **** so hard it acc scares me
Esp the Looney Toons thing
Like i sweaaarrr the whole thing about it was that it wasn't spelled right

And that Sex In The City is actualy Sex And The City

Like what kinda BS is that -.-'

Proof bitatchhh
Original post by z33
Omggggggg i stan this **** so hard it acc scares me
Esp the Looney Toons thing
Like i sweaaarrr the whole thing about it was that it wasn't spelled right

And that Sex In The City is actualy Sex And The City

Like what kinda BS is that -.-'

Proof bitatchhh

WHen you think a test went really well then the results are bad that is proof of the mandela effect :colone:

Jk i think its just misconceptions spiralling out of control. that sex in the city box possible printing mistake?
Reply 4
They tried it with the Sex in the City one LOL

Thanks for the proof!
Just looked it up and can confirm that's some wacky ****.
Reply 6
The term 'Mandela effect' was founded by a lady who recalled Mandela's death in the 1980s. Her along with 1000s of people recalled the same event. People remember news coverage on his death, tribute assembly and others remember being taught in school about his life and death. Those that remembered him dying in the 80s were shocked to discover his recent death in 2013.

If not for this, I'd probably dismiss these recollections and blame it on bad memory.
Reply 7
Original post by SuperHuman98
WHen you think a test went really well then the results are bad that is proof of the mandela effect :colone:

Jk i think its just misconceptions spiralling out of control. that sex in the city box possible printing mistake?

They got a bad printer then

Reply 8
Original post by Elise213
The term 'Mandela effect' was founded by a lady who recalled Mandela's death in the 1980s. Her along with 1000s of people recalled the same event. People remember news coverage on his death, tribute assembly and others remember being taught in school about his life and death. Those that remembered him dying in the 80s were shocked to discover his recent death in 2013.

If not for this, I'd probably dismiss these recollections and blame it on bad memory.

I acc thought he was dead too :eek: but i thought it was just me

This is from an acc book that was published oct 1991 called 'English Alive'. It's a textbook as well i think not even any book. So its not just people's memories we are relying on.
Original post by z33

The reason it is called "Sex in the City" as opposed to "Sex and the City" is just the perfume company's way of getting around paying royalties to the show.
i.e. it has no affiliation with the HBO TV series
Reply 10
Original post by z33
I acc thought he was dead too :eek: but i thought it was just me

This is from an acc book that was published oct 1991 called 'English Alive'. It's a textbook as well i think not even any book. So its not just people's memories we are relying on.

Wow. Why wasn't there a massive uproar on his "second death"??
Reply 11
Wow. Why wasn't there a massive uproar on his "second death"??

Idk tbh - but thats why it was called the Mandela Effect so a lot of people mustve been mind****ed over it

Original post by DarkEnergy
The reason it is called "Sex in the City" as opposed to "Sex and the City" is just the perfume company's way of getting around paying royalties to the show.
i.e. it has no affiliation with the HBO TV series

O... How do you know it aint official merch doe
I'm not a believer in this kinda stuff, but I'll leave one for you

The Monopoly Guy: Did he ever have a monocle?

The evidence for mandela is a book, but the book was was actually fiction by a student trying to predict the future
Reply 15
Original post by SuperHuman98
The evidence for mandela is a book, but the book was was actually fiction by a student trying to predict the future

Fair enough. What about many people recalling the same event?
Reply 16
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
:facepalm:

__

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending