The Student Room Group

What should I do?

Hey, I did alright in my AS Levels, not too bad not too great- AABC
I am going to drop Spanish as thats the subject I got my C in. My question is regarding History as that's the subject I got the B in. In two of the modules I got 72 out of 90 and 74 out of 90 which are A's (just about). However the module in which I have struggled in is the Document Studies where I could only get 78 out of 120, and that's after doing a resit!

At A2 I'm aiming high and will try to get AAA but in order to do this I need to improve on my History. Overall I got 224/300 which is a mid B, would you recommend me resitting the Document Studies once more in order to raise the points up to an A, or do you think that I should just do my A2 modules in order to get up to an A, bearing in mind one of modules in A2 is coursework?

Thanks for any advice in anticipation.
Well, if you want to get an A, you'll need 256/300 at least in your A2 modules. Is that realistic? Resitting might be a nice idea, but then you have to work out whether that'd be too much work for you as you'd have to re-learn a lot of your AS material.
Reply 2
I think resitting is a good idea because it'll help prepare you for your synoptic exams also.
Reply 3
determind_1
Hey, I did alright in my AS Levels, not too bad not too great- AABC
I am going to drop Spanish as thats the subject I got my C in. My question is regarding History as that's the subject I got the B in. In two of the modules I got 72 out of 90 and 74 out of 90 which are A's (just about). However the module in which I have struggled in is the Document Studies where I could only get 78 out of 120, and that's after doing a resit!

At A2 I'm aiming high and will try to get AAA but in order to do this I need to improve on my History. Overall I got 224/300 which is a mid B, would you recommend me resitting the Document Studies once more in order to raise the points up to an A, or do you think that I should just do my A2 modules in order to get up to an A, bearing in mind one of modules in A2 is coursework?

Thanks for any advice in anticipation.

i had this with physics last year - i got two A's and a low B in my modules, so it came up as a B overall [6 marks off an A].
Basically, i resat the two modules i got A's in, in january. I actually only gained 3 marks [how gay]
and then decided to resit the module that i had done badly [DESPISED the topic] in, in june, and this time i got 110/120 [whereas before it was about 74/120]

anywaaayy.. what im trying to say is.. you might as well resit the module you did crap in, you'll learn new skills in your second year which will help with it anyway [although being fair, i know NOTHING about history A level]. Plus, it's usually harder to get an A at Alevel than at AS level - you want all the marks you can scrounge from your AS modules
First of all, congrats on your result :smile:

And my advice would be to retake that document studies paper again. You will be one year older and your written English would have improved a lot - which is vital for History.

You have course as well, so there's another unit you could do very well on and put yourself in a relatively comfortable position.
Tomasu
I think resitting is a good idea because it'll help prepare you for your synoptic exams also.

Oh yeah I never thought of that :smile:

Latest