The Life of Pablo, Kanye West
Walls, Kings of Leon
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Blackstar? :confused:
Reply 2
Original post by Wilfred Little
Blackstar? :confused:

Its probably his most extreme album. If you look back at his albums, Blackstar is as far as he's strayed from pop music. It's definitely in the top 30. I really like Lazarus though
Original post by Concav
Its probably his most extreme album. If you look back at his albums, Blackstar is as far as he's strayed from pop music. It's definitely in the top 30. I really like Lazarus though

Best album so far this year for me.

Going off what you posted what did you think of the Danny Brown album?
Reply 4

In the context of his death, its a great album. It's without doubt an emotionally engaging album - typical of his music. Lyrically, sonically, musically and rhythmically it doesn't cut the mustard.

The Atrocity album is great. I'm not a fan of techno post punk music although i appreciate good music when I see it. PopMatters and Pitchfork gave it a 9/10 i believe. Ironic though but his song with Kenderick Lamar convey the reason why artists like them are successful - their idiosyncratic voice and vibe are soo atypical of everyday Hip Hop artists.

What are other albums you liked so far?
Original post by Concav
In the context of his death, its a great album. It's without doubt an emotionally engaging album - typical of his music. Lyrically, sonically, musically and rhythmically it doesn't cut the mustard.

It was fantastic before he died. It was getting rave reviews before he died, most of the reviews I saw were giving it five stars. Any idea that it's only good in the context of his death is wrong (though it does kind of elevate it a bit).

The lyrics are one of the best things about it imo. Would probably put it in the top 5 in his discog.
Original post by Concav
In no particular order

Colouring Book, Chance the Rapper
Blonde, Frank Ocean
Views, Drake
The Life of Pablo, Kanye West
Walls, Kings of Leon

😭😭😭😭😭imagine thinking this

Atrocity Exhibition a classic
Reply 8
Original post by stillridin
😭😭😭😭😭imagine thinking this

It's one of his best work.

Ill reword that: it's his best album

And i definitely know more about music than you
(edited 7 years ago)
Frank Ocean - Blonde
Bowie - Blackstar
Elzhi - Lead Poison
Vijay Iyer and Wadada Leo Smith - A Cosmic Rhythm with Each Stroke
Danny Brown - Atrocity Exhibition
Original post by Concav
It's one of his best work.

Ill reword that: it's his best album

**** me you genuinely think the uncreative, appropriating washed out pop-mess that he put on that album was better than both Take Care and Nothing was the same???
Reply 11
**** me you genuinely thought think the uncreative, appropriating washed out pop-mess that he put on that album was better than both Take Care and Nothing was the same???

You are probably right there. Though there are many sonically sound songs on Views such as Feel no ways and Faithful etc., the album as a whole lacks cohesion and is overly long. It still comes highly on albums this year.
Hamilton - Lin Manual Miranda
Death of a Bachelor - Panic! at the Disco
Suicide Squad the Album
Islah - Kevin Gates
Untitled Unmastered/Colouring Book/Views

In that order.
Original post by Concav
You are probably right there. Though there are many sonically sound songs on Views such as Feel no ways and Faithful etc., the album as a whole lacks cohesion and is overly long. It still comes highly on albums this year.

Bottom 5 albums of the year
Original post by Concav

"chaining tatum"
Reply 15
Frank Ocean - Blonde
Bowie - Blackstar
Elzhi - Lead Poison
Vijay Iyer and Wadada Leo Smith - A Cosmic Rhythm with Each Stroke

Best song from blond?
Original post by Concav
Best song from blond?

Nights>>>>
Pink + white >>>>
Solo >>>
Self control >>>>>
Andre with verse of the year on solo reprise too
Andre with verse of the year on solo reprise too

^ That.
Reply 18
Jeffery Young Thug
Blond Frank Ocean
The Life of Pablo Kanye West
Coloring Book Chancellor
Walls KoL

Listening to this the other day, had to turn it off. I think I just don't like Hip-Hop any more.

Quick Reply

Latest