The Student Room Group

What has been your favourite age so far?

I'm 19 and I would have to say that 17 was my favourite age. Learning to drive, last year of school (mucking about and playing hide and seek in the school, going for takeaways at lunch, not giving an F) and applying to uni.

What has been your favourite age? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1

Me and my partner first started dating, my health was better, my papa didn't have kidney cancer or kidney failure then, I was a lot more confident and ambitious then, I had just started college and I got rid of some toxic people at that point.

Had some great years and memories since, of course but as a whole, that age was a very memorable one.
Reply 2
Probably 17 although 18's alright so far. At 17 I felt that much more mature than I was at 16 but I still got half price travel on trains.
Reply 3
What!? You liked being 17!? I'm 17 and I'm the most miserable I've ever been in my life! Exam pressure, parent pressure, social ineptitude, body insecurity, and disillusionment with life and the future are just some of the things which make my life worth living! 😭

Anyway, rant over. In answer to the question, 7, because I was oblivious to the world's imperfections, I lacked self-awareness, and could just be a fun-loving kid.
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh, this is difficult! I think maybe 16. I was really unwell over that year, but it was my last year of school. I hated the place, but I had some really good times with my friends. I made a lot of good memories that year
Defo 16, I had maximum school banter without the A level and uni bs on top.
Reply 7
None tbh my life has been pretty dead :lol:
10. No bs to deal with.
Reply 9
Probably when I was 1 or 2.
Original post by 2-99
What!? You liked being 17!? I'm 17 and I'm the most miserable I've ever been in my life! Exam pressure, parent pressure, social ineptitude, body insecurity, and disillusionment with life and the future are just some of the things which make my life worth living! 😭

Anyway, rant over. In answer to the question, 7, because I was oblivious to the world's imperfections, I lacked self-awareness, and could just be a fun-loving kid.

Im 17 right now and I think its the best age :bandit: either now or when I was 10 and still in AUS :moon:

exam pressure- no doubt theres a ton with A lvls but at least it keeps you occupied and is a good conversation starter :lol:

parent pressure- always had this with asian parents anyway so nothing new, besides even if the pressure is highest now, when you go to uni, the pressure will be greatly relieved!

social ineptitude-Im lucky in that I developed confidence late 15 to 16 becoming much more extroverted and social, you just have to realise everyone is only human and that some ppl will naturally like/dislike you for a variety of reasons

body insecurity-Developing physical confidence goes hand in hand with social confidence, they increase and decrease together, just be happy with yourself, and work on your weak areas if need be

disillusionment with life and the future-I do know I want to be an accountant atm but that came from trying tons of career styles in work experience and just exploring different things, just try out as much stuff as possible
(edited 7 years ago)
However old you are in Year 9, 13/14? Last year of ''easy'' school, didn't have to worry about work, exams etc, it was just a good year in general :love:

16 was pretty good too, but nothing beats 13/14 :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
My favourite age was when i was 4 i was blind to the world problems and innocent but 5 onwards life happened,
Original post by trabajadora
However old you are in Year 9, 13/14? Last year of ''easy'' school, didn't have to worry about work, exams etc, it was just a good year in general :love:

16 was pretty good too, but nothing beats 13/14 :tongue:

Thats what i thought about year 8, lol.
Not the newbie (i.e. year 7) any more. But not stuff like sats in year 9 or gcse stuff in year 10/11. It wasnt my favourite age but it was certainly up there as one of the best school years.
Reply 14
I liked 17 and 19 too
I was at the top of my game, i was pretty, confident,healthy, mentally sound and really happy....now i don't know wtf has happened
Reply 16
Original post by ForestShadow
Im 17 right now and I think its the best age :bandit: either now or when I was 10 and still in AUS :moon:

exam pressure- no doubt theres a ton with A lvls but at least it keeps you occupied and is a good conversation starter :lol:

parent pressure- always had this with asian parents anyway so nothing new, besides even if the pressure is highest now, when you go to uni, the pressure will be greatly relieved!

social ineptitude-Im lucky in that I developed confidence late 15 to 16 becoming much more extroverted and social, you just have to realise everyone is only human and that some ppl will naturally like/dislike you for a variety of reasons

body insecurity-Developing physical confidence goes hand in hand with social confidence, they increase and decrease together, just be happy with yourself, and work on your weak areas if need be

disillusionment with life and the future-I do know I want to be an accountant atm but that came from trying tons of career styles in work experience and just exploring different things, just try out as much stuff as possible

Thanks for tryin' to help - appreciate it. 😃
21, just first year and early 2nd of uni, so still not that much pressure, great mates, amazing gf at the time. Kinda depressing looking how things turned out :lol: I hated most things from primary school and from the age of 14-19, everything 11-14 was pretty meh.... average.
(edited 7 years ago)
Well in 2016 I'm 15 now and Life is quite literally cancer, who knows maybe in ten years time I might look back at this and laugh. For me (so far) my best ages have been 7-10yrs old where life was simple and tbh at the time Primary School seemed back then but it was actually really easy when I reflect Socially and what was demanded from you. I was cute, confident, not a care in the world. Then Secondary School came and my old self was crushed to bits
Christ 17 was cancer to me. Hated my new college, hated a levels, hated uni applications.

Think 14-16 was a good age. Footy every day after school, good friends, and school work was fairly easy for me. 16-18 was rubbish. 1 and a half years of uni was good. The rest I burnt out and it was a grind. The year after uni thus far has been good.

Buy my autobio for christmas people.

Quick Reply

Latest