The Student Room Group

Written Work Problems

Hello all,I'm applying for English at Magdalen College and I'm hoping to send my written work in the next few days. I'm having an issue with picking what to send- my English teacher this year is absolutely terrible at marking essays, and while I've gotten 100s on every essay (which I don't think is correct for the standard), she writes no comments, even when asked, and seems to have no understanding of the marking scheme.

On the other hand, my teacher from last year was amazing and gave loads of constructive criticism and praise on each essay, and marked hard but fairly. At the same time, I think my style of writing has changed a little bit since last year, but this year I am literally teaching myself the curriculum, so I have no idea what standard of work I am producing!

Is it worth sending a badly-corrected piece from this year, or one of my more difficult but well-corrected and well-written questions from a year ago? Thanks for the help, it's very much appreciated!
My friend had a similar situation and he emailed the college, so you could do that. What they said is that they're assessing your writing, not the teachers marking so its more about the quality of your work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending