The Student Room Group

Do you have...?

...A well-spoken voice or a horrible chavy accent?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have quite a 'well-spoken voice' but I also sound and look like a child - so overall, I'm quite ridiculous. 😁 What about you? Plus, why do you ask?
Reply 2
hmm i suppose i have a mix of the two, just an average voice it really depends on what i feel and how fast i'm talking
Well spoken :smile:
Reply 4
Deep northern accent. Bit like the GoT northerners mixed in with a bit of Corrie.
Reply 5
A suppressed immigrant accent
Reply 6
I have quite a heavy Glaswegian accent :colondollar: I'm sure it sounds quite scummy to most but it's not 'Ned' sounding. It's not exactly posh either though :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
I have quite a heavy Glaswegian accent :colondollar: I'm sure it sounds quite scummy to most but it's not 'Ned' sounding. It's not exactly posh either though :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's so lovely
I want mine back :bawling:
I'm kinda similar to @Spock's Socks in that I have quite a deep voice with a relatively mild Glaswegian accent. I don't think I sound too bad tbh, but others may think otherwise. :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by cbreef
I'm kinda similar to @Spock's Socks in that I have quite a deep voice with a relatively mild Glaswegian accent. I don't think I sound too bad tbh, but others may think otherwise. :biggrin:

Want a laugh? I got a mail from someone on here last year after they heard my accent and they said my voice reminded them of someone on a show they just watched and they said they would send me the link and I was expecting it to be Rab C Nesbitt, Chewin The Fat or something but nope...it was The Scheme! :facepalm: Ayrshire's finest documentary ffs :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Want a laugh? I got a mail from someone on here last year after they heard my accent and they said my voice reminded them of someone on a show they just watched and they said they would send me the link and I was expecting it to be Rab C Nesbitt, Chewin The Fat or something but nope...it was The Scheme! :facepalm: Ayrshire's finest documentary ffs :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hated that show. Giving us a bad name man :biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by cbreef
I hated that show. Giving us a bad name man :biggrin:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glaswegian accents are among the best :yes:
Original post by Precious Illusions
Glaswegian accents are among the best :yes:

They're a mixed bag if you ask me. It varies from person to person. Some of us sound absolutely attrocious, almost illiterate sometimes. Others are not so bad and you actually recognise that we're speaking English. :rofl:
Original post by cbreef
They're a mixed bag if you ask me. It varies from person to person. Some of us sound absolutely attrocious, almost illiterate sometimes. Others are not so bad and you actually recognise that we're speaking English. :rofl:

I live in the east end of Glasgow and what most would probably consider quite common or whatever, I actually really like. :getmecoat:
I live in the east end of Glasgow and what most would probably consider quite common or whatever, I actually really like. :getmecoat:

I'm in the south east of Glasgow - Motherwell.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cbreef

I hate ned sounding voices if you know what I mean.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RossB1702
I'm in the south east of Glasgow - Motherwell.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've only ever been to Motherwell to go to M&Ds :moon:
I have a London accent
I've only ever been to Motherwell to go to M&Ds :moon:

M&D's is terrible. They can't even keep their carts on the track ffs.

Quick Reply

Latest