The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Student2006
Okay so Im not exactly in a 'limbo' as such but Im getting worried now because earlier I got into Bio at Royal Holloway (Clearing) and I asked the man(involved with department of Bio sciences) if I had definitely been given the place and he said yes I had so I sent my Clearing Passport off to them. But then I find out that youre meant to show your results certificates at enrolment - what if the admissions tutor doesnt like one/some of my grades- can he (despite me being assured that I had a place by the other man) then change his mind and reject me? Im getting realllyyyy scared about that so please if anyone knows, reply!!! :frown::frown:

No. If they accepted you over the phone on condition of what you told them, then there's no way that can happen!
Ahhh- well then I can breathe again :redface: - I told them everything and he was looking over my application anyway as we were speaking-which has all my qualifications in it. Thanks so much for the prompt reply- now I can sleep in peace lol. :p:
Reply 22
Student2006
Okay so Im not exactly in a 'limbo' as such but Im getting worried now because earlier I got into Bio at Royal Holloway (Clearing) and I asked the man(involved with department of Bio sciences) if I had definitely been given the place and he said yes I had so I sent my Clearing Passport off to them. But then I find out that youre meant to show your results certificates at enrolment - what if the admissions tutor doesnt like one/some of my grades- can he (despite me being assured that I had a place by the other man) then change his mind and reject me? Im getting realllyyyy scared about that so please if anyone knows, reply!!! :frown::frown:
They would only be able to change their minds if you had lied about your results - presumably he either had these to hand or didn't care - so don't worry. Glad it worked out!!
Lol :biggrin: He asked about results in detail and I told him so if you guys are right-which Im sure you are! :wink:- Im in!! YAY!

Btw- what actually happens at enrolment and when is it- first day of term? Do you just do what you do when starting college-fill in a bunch of forms and get a timetable etc? Or is it longer than that lol? :redface:

Also this is a bit off-topic but why the hell have my posts decreased in number when before they were over 100 and now theyre all the way down to 95!?!?!?! Its ANNOYING :mad:
Reply 24
Student2006
Lol :biggrin: He asked about results in detail and I told him so if you guys are right-which Im sure you are! :wink:- Im in!! YAY!

Btw- what actually happens at enrolment and when is it- first day of term? Do you just do what you do when starting college-fill in a bunch of forms and get a timetable etc? Or is it longer than that lol? :redface:

Also this is a bit off-topic but why the hell have my posts decreased in number when before they were over 100 and now theyre all the way down to 95!?!?!?! Its ANNOYING :mad:
You'll get a large quantity of paper over the next couple of weeks to sort through, which will give you a timetable for fresher's week - enrolment does usually happen Day 1 as that triggers payment of your loan. About the posts :confused: not a clue... try AAM?:smile:
kw2005
You'll get a large quantity of paper over the next couple of weeks to sort through...

Ahh..is that so...urgh not looking forward to THAT then but has to be done so whatever :p: Lol- whats AAM? Maybe ur posts decrease if someone deletes a thread in which u posted? Or maybe not. Lol. :rolleyes:

So do I need to obtain one of them student finance packs from my school? Or do Unis give it as well? Because Im going to visit RH in the next few days so I could get it from there if they give it.
Reply 26
Student2006
Ahh..is that so...urgh not looking forward to THAT then but has to be done so whatever :p: Lol- whats AAM? Maybe ur posts decrease if someone deletes a thread in which u posted? Or maybe not. Lol. :rolleyes:

So do I need to obtain one of them student finance packs from my school? Or do Unis give it as well? Because Im going to visit RH in the next few days so I could get it from there if they give it.
AAM is Ask a Moderator - link to it at the top of the page (will take a while to get a reply though).

Yes, get your finances sorted ASAP - have a look here for information about what to do:

http://www.studentsupportdirect.co.uk/portal/page?_pageid=1647,467417&_dad=portal&_schema=PROTOCOL
Final Fan
At the end of the day only you can decide what to do; however:
AABB at A-level are very strong grades and will not hold you back in the future. The only reason to resit then would be to get into imperial rather than warwick. Given the choice, I would have chosen Warwick over imperial in the first place. Warwick is an excellent campus uni, A lot of fun, pretty affordable, and an excellent student campus lifestyle.
kw2005
AAM is Ask a Moderator - link to it at the top of the page (will take a while to get a reply though).

Yes, get your finances sorted ASAP - have a look here for information about what to do:

http://www.studentsupportdirect.co.uk/portal/page?_pageid=1647,467417&_dad=portal&_schema=PROTOCOL

Okay thanks, will do :smile: I have another slightly unrelated question but no one's answering the thread I made for it so i'll just post it here. Basically, I just sent my Clearing Passport off to RH earlier on with the Uni's address- is that okay or was I meant to specify the department its intended for? Because at the back of the passport, it just said send to the uni so I put RH's address down... that IS okay isnt it?! :eek:
After much consideration, I scraped a place.

Relief ensues. Thanks for the help.
Reply 30
I just checked my ucas track,I got into Imperial College.
The offer was AAA in maths,further maths and physics,the only problem was I got B in physics(23 marks off A).I kept ringing them in the past few days,saying to them how deperate I want to do the course(Maths and Computer Science) and I've got a lot of potential ect.
For those who are yet to recieve a decision,keep trying and think positive.
:smile:
Yup, that's exactly it. :smile: It seems as though Imperial are the only ones who drag things through this late though. So unbelievably relieved now!
I've heard of people waiting on a medicine place at Cardiff who have been told they wont find out for sure until tomorrow :frown:

And Warwick are still sitting on quite a lot of offers as well.
Reply 33
yeah, tomorrow is supposed to be the deadline for decisions. i only got my decision today...the relief is unbelievable
Horrorshow
After much consideration, I scraped a place.

Relief ensues. Thanks for the help.
Congrats dude :smile:
Reply 35
this is similar to another thread with lots of other people in the same situations. I was the same but mines now worked out...not in my firm or insurance but clearing did the unthinkable and got me a better place than the ones id originally applied for so dont loose hope people :smile: hope it all turns out well
I'm still waiting for the results of my priority remarks so both Durham and Bristol are holding my places, yet all the accomodation will be sorted out by then i imagine. I'm supposed to get the results today.
Chances are if you were really close to the required mark, they WILL let you in, but would like to consider in detail-probably assess ur individual modules-if theyre anything like mine and u did pretty well in all of them except for ONE in each subject-that shows as an anomaly(lol)- and u make up some nonsense(read:valid reason :p:) about why that happened and they're usually okay with it.

Best of luck for whoever's still waiting-call them a million times a day :rolleyes: and dont despair-if theyre considering you for this long, its probably more good news than bad :smile:
Reply 38
I'm still waiting for a decision from Warwick for accounting and finance. They said on the phone that they had until early September to make a decision but they intend to have it all sorted out by Friday, before the bank holiday. Could someone clarify when the absolute deadline for a response is? I may have to consider pulling out and go to my insurance (Nottingham) if this continues for too much longer.
Reply 39
UCAS told me that the deadline was the 8th september. Don't withdraw just yet though! The waiting is hard but if you get into where you want to go, it'll be worth it. At least give them until friday.

Latest

Trending

Trending