The Student Room Group

[15 WEEKS LEFT] 2016-17 Contract: What Are Your A-Level Goals?

Last year, @High Stakes' brilliant "What are your goals for A Levels? Do not fail your contract." thread motivated a lot of us, and held us accountable to our actions. Hopefully this year's will do the same! The thread is open to both years 12 and 13.

I'm going to do a bunch of copy/pasting/tagging from the old thread now.

The Contract: Once you've entered the list, achieving the grades that you've set yourself becomes the most important priority in your life. You must achieve these grades. There are no 'if's or 'but's. You will achieve these grades. Unfortunately, once you have been entered you cannot withdraw. Remember: this is not about what your teachers have predicted. The grades you submit should be the grades that you want and believe you are capable of achieving, irrespective of what anyone else says.

If you wish to enter, then please make a post tagging me, listing the grades you want to see on your results sheet on the 17th of August 2017.

This thread operates under the assumption that AS exams start on May 15th, 2017, but please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Signatories:
@roarchika: A*A*A*A*
@Toasticide: ABBC
@Jkoo22: A*A*A
@samantham999: A*AA + distinction
@Muttski: AAB
@gomc: A*A*A
@ImagineCats: ABB
@Hanaan999: A*A*A*
@Original_Chunky: A*A*B
@t.thompson22: A*AB
@dididid: A*A*A + 1,2 in STEP
@mathcon: A*A*A*A*
@CoolCavy: A*A*A
@asmuse123: A + D*
@jamestg: A*AA
@lemonandlime1: AAB
@AngelinAugustine: A*A*A*A*
@Kozmo: A*A*A*
@citibankrec: A*AA
: A*A*A*A*A* + 1,1 in STEP + BMO1 qualification
@NMcG: A*AA
@JaredzzC: A*BB
@GamingandMaths: A*AB
@TheRealLifeBane: AABB
@MrsSheldonCooper: AB
@Gogregg: A*A*A (+ min. BB in GS/EPQ)
@Crammyandcrabby: AAA
@AfcFob: A*A*AB
@hellomynameisr: A*A*A*A
@rayestar: AAAAB
@Lauren-x-: A*A*AA
@7swi1911: AD*D*
@meowgoesthedog: A*A*A*A + 1, 1 in STEP
@ithinkitslily: AA
@xs4: A*A*D* + 1 in STEP + Gold in UKSMC
@jazz_xox_: AAA
@manlike99: A*A*A*
@ozmo19: A*A*A*A*
@PavB: A*AA
@Datalwo: A*AA
@Obiejess: A*A*A
@DarkEnergy: A*A*A*
@IRoranth: A*A*A
@Michael_Fishy: A*A*A*A + 33 in LNAT
@Ahad27: AAA
@wajeeh1364: A*AA
@Chiara27: ABBB
@sabruh: A*AB
@Glencocoisloco: A*A*A
@Aklaol: AAABB
@bboonnieee: AAA (AS) A*A*A (A2)
@Oragon: A*A*AA
@Samonia: AABBC
@pondsteps: A*A*A
@M0nkey Thunder: A*A*A
@drriversong: A*AA + A* in EPQ
@teacakeface: A*AA
@_elliedoran: AAA
@KingHenry: AAD*
@ConfusedSnowball: A*AAA + A in EPQ
@Echo00: AAA
@hurricaneellin: A*AB
@Peachy23: A*A*A
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Please feel free to introduce yourself and your subjects too!

I'm Chika, a Year 13 student doing Latin, History, Economics, and Japanese. I want straight A*s, and am willing to sacrifice any kind of social life in order to achieve them! I'm hoping to study Law at uni.
Reply 2
Hi , I'm a year 13 student studying Maths, F.maths and Business studies. I am aiming for A*A*A respectively but I am predicted by teachers A*AA. I am also going to sit STEP 1 and possibly 2 which I'm aiming for a 1,2. I really want to study maths at warwick or st andrews.
Original post by roarchika
Nobody was making a new thread for this year, so I hope it's okay that I'm going ahead. Last year, @High Stakes's brilliant "What are your goals for A Levels? Do not fail your contract." thread motivated a lot of us, and held us accountable to our actions. Hopefully this year's will do the same! The thread is open to both years 12 and 13.

The Contract: Once you've entered the list, achieving the grades that you've set yourself becomes the most important priority in your life. You must achieve these grades. There are no 'if's or 'but's. You will achieve these grades. Unfortunately, once you have been entered you cannot withdraw. Remember: this is not about what your teachers have predicted. The grades you submit should be the grades that you want and believe you are capable of achieving, irrespective of what anyone else says.

If you wish to enter, then please make a post tagging me, listing the grades you want to see on your results sheet on the 17th of August 2017.

There are 28 weeks left until May 14th, 2017. I believe that AS exams start on May 15th, 2017, but please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Signatories:

We can do this!!!
Reply 4
Original post by dididid
Hi , I'm a year 13 student studying Maths, F.maths and Business studies. I am aiming for A*A*A respectively but I am predicted by teachers A*AA. I am also going to sit STEP 1 and possibly 2 which I'm aiming for a 1,2. I really want to study maths at warwick or st andrews.

Entered! There's no turning back now, so work hard and get those grades!

Original post by samantham999
We can do this!!!

That we can!
Reply 5
Y13 doing F.Maths, Maths, Economics, History - want A*A*A*A* @roarchika
(edited 7 years ago)
Hello my real name is Louis, year 13, study A2 maths, chemistry and physics and AS further maths. aim to study maths at somewhere not too up top like oxford, more in the middle like keele, greenwich or portsmouth. So far so good, i expect to get the grades i want (as long as i put B for AS FM and C for physics and not the other way around, then im far behind :s-smilie:) A2 physics is HARD :P while AS FM i can easily get a B (not A though, i make too many silly mistakes)
Forgot that other thread existed :moon:
and hopefully A*AA or A*A*A but tbh would be happy with AAA :smile:
Nobody was making a new thread for this year, so I hope it's okay that I'm going ahead. Last year, @High Stakes' brilliant "What are your goals for A Levels? Do not fail your contract." thread motivated a lot of us, and held us accountable to our actions. Hopefully this year's will do the same! The thread is open to both years 12 and 13.

There are 28 weeks left until May 14th, 2017. I believe that AS exams start on May 15th, 2017, but please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Signatories:
@dididid: A*A*A + 1,2 in STEP
@mathcon: A*A*A*A*

A in AS Level Maths and D* in BTEC Subsidary in Engineering .

Spoiler

Mine last year was to get higher than my sister who got like 3 A*s and 1 A or something. Now I've given up on hope and would be happy with AB.
Reply 10
Original post by asmuse123
A in AS Level Maths and D* in BTEC Subsidary in Engineering .

Spoiler

You've been entered. :smile:

Original post by CoolCavy
Forgot that other thread existed :moon:
and hopefully A*AA or A*A*A but tbh would be happy with AAA :smile:

I know, right? I got tired of getting notifications from the old one from new people wanting to join and not being able to add them to the original post lol. I've put you down for A*A*A, since I know you're a brilliantly hard worker who's capable of it <3. Work hard (but perhaps more importantly work smart and efficiently) and let's do this!

Original post by Toasticide
Hello my real name is Louis, year 13, study A2 maths, chemistry and physics and AS further maths. aim to study maths at somewhere not too up top like oxford, more in the middle like keele, greenwich or portsmouth. So far so good, i expect to get the grades i want (as long as i put B for AS FM and C for physics and not the other way around, then im far behind :s-smilie:) A2 physics is HARD :P while AS FM i can easily get a B (not A though, i make too many silly mistakes)

I'm glad it's going well; keep it up!

Original post by mathcon
Y13 doing F.Maths, Maths, Economics, History - want A*A*A*A* @roarchika

Added! Best of luck!
Reply 11
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Mine last year was to get higher than my sister who got like 3 A*s and 1 A or something. Now I've given up on hope and would be happy with AB.

Hey! Sorry, just to check - are you only doing two subjects this year? Could have sworn you mentioned AAB on the fastest/slowest offers thread, but my memory's a bit patchy....
incredible how many A* students are on tsr
A*AA for now

A*A*A if I get an offer from Cambridge (lol)
Year 13
AAB / ABB
ICT, Biology, Chemistry
I've taken BIOLOGY , CHEMISTRY, PHYSICS AND MATHS
I want A* A* A* A* what can I do to get these results any tips and advice would be grateful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
I'm in Year 13, taking Biology, Chemistry and Maths. My goal is to achieve triple A*, so my final results should (if everything goals to plan, fingers crossed) look like A*A*A*a. With the A in Physics AS (achieved).
Applied to Medicine so my offer will likely be A*A*A or A*AA :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by jamestg
x

Original post by lemonandlime1
x

Original post by Kozmo
x

You've all been added! Please work hard this year and achieve some wonderful grades!

Original post by AngelinAugustine
I've taken BIOLOGY , CHEMISTRY, PHYSICS AND MATHS
I want A* A* A* A* what can I do to get these results any tips and advice would be grateful

Posted from TSR Mobile

Added! I do straight humanities/languages, so I'm not sure how much help this will be, but I do about 2 hours of flashcards every day, which get updated as I take more notes etc. So I never really have an opportunity to forget things, after I learn them. And then when we come to February I'll start doing past exam questions in a really big way, to make sure my exam technique is perfect before the exam.

Original post by dididid
incredible how many A* students are on tsr

It really is! I feel like many people who aim for A*s are also aggressive worriers, which is how they all end up here (lol)
(edited 7 years ago)
A*AA/AAA

It really is! I feel like many people who aim for A*s are also aggressive worriers, which is how they all end up here (lol)

yep definitely me

Quick Reply

Latest