The Student Room Group

Can I get EMA now?

Short story, my mother was made redundant summer time and we've just realised that I'm eligible for EMA. I'm aware that I've missed the deadline but can I get it now since my financial circumstances have changed? Should I get my hopes up that I will get it or is there no chance?
Reply 1
Original post by brookrowlands
Short story, my mother was made redundant summer time and we've just realised that I'm eligible for EMA. I'm aware that I've missed the deadline but can I get it now since my financial circumstances have changed? Should I get my hopes up that I will get it or is there no chance?

Where are you living? Wales, Scotland and NI have slightly different systems (there's no EMA in England now).
Reply 2
Original post by Klix88
Where are you living? Wales, Scotland and NI have slightly different systems (there's no EMA in England now).

I live in Wales!
I live in Wales!

Still apply! Don't think there's an actual proper deadline
I know that 8 weeks after the start of the course of when they'll backdate payments so you won't get yours backdated but apply cos you could get payments from now on
Reply 4
I live in Wales!

As long as you submit your application within 8 weeks of your course's start date, then you'll be fine and any payments will be backdated.

http://www.studentfinancewales.co.uk/fe/ema.aspx#.WBZScZv46SM
Reply 5
Original post by Klix88
As long as you submit your application within 8 weeks of your course's start date, then you'll be fine and any payments will be backdated.

http://www.studentfinancewales.co.uk/fe/ema.aspx#.WBZScZv46SM

Thank you! It'll be eight weeks on the 5th November, so assuming it's not submitted in time is it possible I can receive the EMA from then on but not be backdated?
Reply 6
Thank you! It'll be eight weeks on the 5th November, so assuming it's not submitted in time is it possible I can receive the EMA from then on but not be backdated?

That's the way I read the website. Contact them direct to confirm though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending