The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Photos of Galbraith would be awesome, if you get the time.
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 21
Umm there are some pictures on the brunel site http://www.brunel.ac.uk/life/accommodation/residences
I'm in Faraday hall because i'm a big ass pimp, apparently there use a slang name for each hall a brunel student told me
Reply 22
Andy Pipkin
I hope that Freshers' Week at Brunel is not just about clubs and pubs. I don't really drink that much, plus I am not really 'on the pull', if you know what I mean. :wink: (despite being single). :frown:

I know that Freshers' is the best way to make friends at uni, but I don't see how 18 year olds would want to 'make friends' with older students? :confused: Surely you would rather be with peeps your own age?

I wouldnt really say its the best time to make friends. When I went to UKC you meet so many people during freshers that you just forget all their names after a while. I think you'll start meeting your closest friends a few weeks in when everyones settled in and more relaxed. So just try to have a laugh and it'll be easy to join in without being drunk constantly drunk. ;thumbsup;
marie89
Umm there are some pictures on the brunel site http://www.brunel.ac.uk/life/accommodation/residences
I'm in Faraday hall because i'm a big ass pimp, apparently there use a slang name for each hall a brunel student told me

Yes of course there's basic photos, but I think we have all seen those ones many moons ago! :wink:

I aim to capture a pictorial representation of what Brunel is really like, including inside buildings - and the toilets! :eek:
Reply 24
Andy Pipkin
Yes of course there's basic photos, but I think we have all seen those ones many moons ago! :wink:

I aim to capture a pictorial representation of what Brunel is really like, including inside buildings - and the toilets! :eek:

haha thats quite a good idea actually i can't wait to see you'r pics
On the brunel students website there is now a small section on fresher's week, plus a form you can fill in to receive info about it before it happens!!!
iced_dragon_agility
On the brunel students website there is now a small section on fresher's week, plus a form you can fill in to receive info about it before it happens!!!

Can't find anything myself. Can you post the link please?

Anyway, due to inclement weather, I did go to Brunel yesterday. I will be going today though armed with my trusty digital camera. :wink:

Apparently Mill Hall is awful inside with dark blue doors on each room. :eek: It reminds me of primary school. :mad:
Reply 27
yeh i noticed them blue doors thought the same thing
Reply 28
Andy Pipkin
Can't find anything myself. Can you post the link please?

Anyway, due to inclement weather, I did go to Brunel yesterday. I will be going today though armed with my trusty digital camera. :wink:

Apparently Mill Hall is awful inside with dark blue doors on each room. :eek: It reminds me of primary school. :mad:

I searched Brunel on youtube and got this video that was apparently filmed inside mill hall ya you're right retarded blue doors lol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF_LU-tctRw The reason why Mill hall is cheaper is because there are far more people sharing a kitchen than the rest of the ensuites
LOL that was great! :biggrin:
Reply 30
andy, did you go today with your camera?
magnum
andy, did you go today with your camera?

Well I took about 15 pics, mainly of the Mill Hall area...but all the pics are too large in KB for this forum. How do I shrink them?
Reply 32
upload them at imageshack.us you can shrink them using the drop down menu.
Or, you can shrink them if you have office 2003, right click and select 'edit', then 'resize'.
Allof the above photos were focussing on Mill Hall. The 2nd photo is focusing on what will be MY room! (middle floor)

Here are some other Brunel campus shots:

More to come next week! :smile: I will aim to get shots of Galbraith Hall and other Halls upon request. I will also get shots of the greenery and stream that runs through campus, plus the 'modern side' of campus which houses the Sports Centre.

Please remember that I get very dirty looks from the international students who are currently staying there...I am sometimes unwilling to start taking photos if I have an unimpressed audience. Sometimes I walk up to a window and take a photo through the glass...lol I must looks like a pervert. :/
Cool pics Andy! Could you try to take a shot or two of Chepstow? =p Also would be nice to see the "greenery" as you said..

As for the international students, just ignore them.. I don't see what's wrong in taking some pictures of the buildings.
Reply 39
Nice job on the pics.

Latest

Trending

Trending