Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
well done mate
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 41
Very nice job :smile:. By the way what room number are you? Im in room 101 and know it was by a corner so just wondering if you will be my next door neighbour.
Reply 42
those pictures really helped give a picture of what mill hall looks like!
do you know what its like inside? i missed the open day, so i never got to see inside, i hear from some people that the rooms are really small and that theres no dining table n stuff like that:s-smilie:

doesnt look tooo bad from your pictures..
Reply 43
Andy Pipkin

I actually believe that the one with the light on is my room, not happy with the tree growing into my room! Could be a slight lack of light, oh well nevermind.
I was actually there on Friday. Went to look around Uxbridge for a bit and thought 'what the heck' and went down to the University for a walkaround.

There were quite a lot of international students there already and it just made me feel very excited that in three weeks, I'll be there! :biggrin:
Slater85
I actually believe that the one with the light on is my room, not happy with the tree growing into my room! Could be a slight lack of light, oh well nevermind.

Oh yeah, that does look like room 101! :biggrin: Good spot. Shame about the tree, though. :s-smilie:

And I am completely the other end of the corridoor to you! :biggrin: Make sure you come and say hi! :wink:
Just to let people know, the picture with the Coke machine in it, is the ground floor lobby of what I think was Entrance 2! Through the doors on the left are rooms and a stairwell to other floors, and through the doors on the right is primarily what is known as common room 2 and laundry room 2. The door straight ahead leads onto our 'wonderful' private garden, which is totally boxed in by all 4 sides of Mill Hall's buildings and no-one knows it exists apart from residents of Mill Hall. :eek:

And this picture:

Is basically what you will see when leave the building via Entrance 2. I am standing underneath a rather large veranda and looking towards Galbraith Hall. If you look along the Mill Hall walls, you will also notice the Entrance 1 veranda!
Reply 47
Andy Pipkin
Oh yeah, that does look like room 101! :biggrin: Good spot. Shame about the tree, though. :s-smilie:

And I am completely the other end of the corridoor to you! :biggrin: Make sure you come and say hi! :wink:

So that would make you 166 looking at the picture, right? I'll definitely come down and say hi.
The tree could actually be a blessing, if im in and trying to study it'll prevent me from people-watching out of the window, im easily distracted!

Cant wait to get there!
OK, so tomorrow I am going again! The requests so far have been noted. Any more photo hotspots you want to shoot?

And has anyone got any info yet about Freshers'?
Reply 49
Andy (good name by the way) some shots of Lacey Hall would be appriciated..
yer some lacy hall would be excellent if you can get it! =)
Reply 51
i'd love pics of faraday :smile: n not just accommodation like just the uni campus in general
Reply 52
try and rent a helicopter and get a few arial shots. or climb a tree
Reply 53
Anonymoose
try and rent a helicopter and get a few arial shots. or climb a tree

LOL the Brunel section of the student room is becoming really sarcastic and witty
Reply 54
marie89
LOL the Brunel section of the student room is becoming really sarcastic and witty

Yeah i'll stop that now and make a sensible request then :smile:

Can you try and get a shot or two of gordon hall from the other side/s ( i saw you posted a picture from the non art centre side) :smile:
Hi all! I'm back! :wink:

I got 87 pictures, and I'll try and post most of them.

I got good pictures of Faraday, Galbraith and Fleming Halls, as well as the Lancaster Complex. I also got some more 'campussy' (oo-er) shots and some gratutitous shots of the greenery and a Isumbard Kingdom Brunel statue! :biggrin:

Regarding Lacy Hall, I got a few pics but nothing special I'm afraid.

Also, there was a Hall beginning with C that someone wanted to me photograph but I couldn't find it. :redface: If it was Clifton then I walked past it and it is sort of behind Faraday.
Ok, here goes. I will try and sort them into galleries (with descriptions):

Coming from the town centre, Cleveland Road (via Whitehall Road and Vine Street) is the fastest way to campus. I am now pretty much within Brunel borders with those barries you can see on my side of the road signalling the road entrance to Mill Hall.

As seen from my walking point, the first turning right is Mill Hall, the second turning right is for the Marie Jahoda and Gaskell buildings. The turn left is into the main reception car park. The no-entry sign is pretty much where the main reception is (security vehicles only).

Turn at the first right and you get to this imposing structure! It's Mill Hall, where I am staying, and is the cheapest of all accommodation on campus. However, this fact is certainly not obvious from the exterior.

This is the aforementioned road into all the relevant car parks for Mill Hall, Fleming Hall and Galbraith Hall, with Galbraith being the farthest away. Car parking is permit-only, I'm afraid!

This is a ground floor corridoor of Mill Hall.

Having walked past Mill Hall, I then went and saw the inferior halls (:wink:), Fleming and Galbraith.

This is a ground floor Fleming Hall kitchen

This entrance to Fleming Hall faces onto the car parks

A peek into the Fleming Hall entrance 2 'foyer'. Looks very nice, I must say.

Here is a shot of Fleming Hall, just left of that entrance plaza. Lots of International Students still living here it seems!

Moving on again...
At pretty much the end of this road we must turn left. And this is the view! Oh yes, bins! :biggrin: Anyway, Galbraith Hall is on the right, and you may see Fleming Hall on the left. I am going to walk down this path...

Hmm, ok, bad picture, but this is a Galbraith Hall ground floor kitchen. Oh no! Someone's left the fridge open!

A lovely shot of Fleming Hall on the other side

Carry on walking alongside the Galbraith Hall perimetre and you come to a dead end, but what's round that corner to the right?

Oh look! A door!

Right, that's it. I want to go to campus across the road.

I am leaving Galbraith and now walking towards the main campus area where we will all take our lectures and tutorials. On the right is the Gaskell Building, which has rather tall wooden doors (about 12ft high :eek: ), and on the left is Fleming Hall again.

Yep, this is the other side of Fleming Hall. Remember the 'foyer' picture? Well, I think there is a small garden area in the middle, between entrance 2, and this main entrance. I hope the binmen improve when I get there!

We have already seen the pathway in between Galnraith and Fleming, and now we can see the pathway between Fleming and Mill Hall! You have to laugh at Fleming's 'peek-a-boo' laundry rooms. :biggrin: I wouldn't want one man and his dog watching me wash my Y-Fronts!

Now alongside Mill Hall (Slater85's room is a treehouse lol), we are getting closer to campus...

And closer still...

If I make it across the road where Chavs drive at 80mph in a 30mph zone, I will continue my tour.

Latest

Trending

Trending