The Student Room Group

GCSE English Language Foundation

Hi I was wondering if it is possible to get a B or above on an english language exam. My coursework is a C, but if I try really hard in the exam, is it possible to get a B or higher?
Also this is my English language resit exam which is in 1 week, has anyone got any tips for me, anything that can help me. Because everything that I revised for the first exam, I have forgotten them and they do not make sense, my teacher's notes and tips didn't make sense and I forgot the tips in the exam, they flew out of my head and that is why I failed.
So any new tips anyone can give me it will be helpful.
I am revising as much as I can by doing past papers, but like I said I don't have much time as my exam is in 1 week.
Original post by Dragon_Knight03
Hi I was wondering if it is possible to get a B or above on an english language exam. My coursework is a C, but if I try really hard in the exam, is it possible to get a B or higher?
Also this is my English language resit exam which is in 1 week, has anyone got any tips for me, anything that can help me. Because everything that I revised for the first exam, I have forgotten them and they do not make sense, my teacher's notes and tips didn't make sense and I forgot the tips in the exam, they flew out of my head and that is why I failed.
I am revising as much as I can by doing past papers, but like I said I don't have much time as my exam is in 1 week.

No. If your coursework is a C, you are limited at a C, unfortunately :frown:
Original post by _gcx
No. If your coursework is a C, you are limited at a C, unfortunately

But my friend, his coursework was a C and he came out of the exam with a B.
So why can't I get higher than a C?
Also my teacher has been telling us that we can get higher than a C on a foundation paper even though our coursework is a C or a high C.
But my friend, his coursework was a C and he came out of the exam with a B.
So why can't I get higher than a C?
Also my teacher has been telling us that we can get higher than a C on a foundation paper even though our coursework is a C or a high C.

You're restricted at 1 UMS below a B in Foundation.

Sorry but it's not possible to get a B in foundation.
Original post by _gcx
You're restricted at 1 UMS below a B in Foundation.

But my teachers and Mr. Bruff videos said that you can get a B in a foundation paper, it is possible.

It doesn't work in the same way as Maths, because in Maths the highest you can get on foundation paper is a C. But English works differently, you can get a B in foundation paper. I remember now that my teachers said that you can get a B on foundation if you answer all questions perfectly.
Original post by Illimitable
Sorry but it's not possible to get a B in foundation.

But my teachers and Mr. Bruff videos said that you can get a B in a foundation paper, it is possible.

It doesn't work in the same way as Maths, because in Maths the highest you can get on foundation paper is a C. But English works differently, you can get a B in foundation paper. I remember now that my teachers said that you can get a B on foundation if you answer all questions perfectly.

And my friend his coursework was a C but he came out of the exam with a B.

I'm sorry, but it's not true :frown:

And my friend his coursework was a C but he came out of the exam with a B.

I'm pretty sure that must be false. On the grade boundaries of foundation paper there is no B.
Original post by _gcx
I'm sorry, but it's not true

So why do they do this to us and get our hopes up if we will only get a C. and they lie to us by showing us examples of people getting a B on foundation. Were they actually Higher papers but wanted us to believe it is foundation??
I'm pretty sure that must be false. On the grade boundaries of foundation paper there is no B.

Are you sure?
Last I checked there was.
Are you sure?
Last I checked there was.

Yes I'm sure there isn't. You can only get A*-B if your doing the Higher Tier paper sorry.
Yes I'm sure there isn't. You can only get A*-B if your doing the Higher Tier paper sorry.

Oh well I was told that it is possible and when i checked the bouderies I saw that I can. I do believe you it's just that my teachers have lied to me that's all.
Oh well I was told that it is possible and when i checked the bouderies I saw that I can. I do believe you it's just that my teachers have lied to me that's all.

Teachers do often lie to get you off their back I first hand know what you mean. Could you maybe show a picture of the grade boundary if possible?
Teachers do often lie to get you off their back I first hand know what you mean. Could you maybe show a picture of the grade boundary if possible?

I would but I don't have it with me, the teacher showed it to the whole class in the classroom. I am afraid I do not have it with me.
I would but I don't have it with me, the teacher showed it to the whole class in the classroom. I am afraid I do not have it with me.

Ah ok I see. Do you at least know the year and exam board?

Quick Reply

Latest