The Student Room Group

November 2016 English Language resit

Hello
Did anyone else resit the aqa English language foundation today ? If so how did you find it ? What do you think the grade boundaries will be ?

I found it really hard. I am hoping it will be around 45 for a c but it probably won't.
Reply 1
hiya i've been searching for forums about this topic! but i resat higher tier
Reply 2
oh i did wjec
Reply 3
I hope it went well for you
Reply 4
Original post by heliya
oh i did wjec

How did you find the writing did you use daforest for both writing questions. Also did you do foundation for reading paper?
Reply 5
Original post by takertr
How did you find the writing did you use daforest for both writing questions. Also did you do foundation for reading paper?

Yes I used different aspect but I forgot to uses facts and statics. I found Q4 really hard.

How do u find your exam ?
Reply 6
Hey 😊

I resat the English exam yesterday and, surprisingly, I found it to be easier than what I expected. (AQA foundation paper) The questions weren't too bad; I worked my way from the back of the paper to the front (so I started at question 6). I didn't get to complete q2 nor q3 though but I'd rather have missed those questions over section B. Why did u find question 4 hard? did you complete any practise papers in preparation for the exam?
Reply 7
Wdym what will the grade boundaries be,?🤔
Reply 8
Original post by Hollyhop23
Yes I used different aspect but I forgot to uses facts and statics. I found Q4 really hard.

How do u find your exam ?

It was alright. Completed all questions to the best of my ability except q2 where we had to write how does the leaflet persuade could of have added a few more points. Also writing was alright done a speech and letter. i think i done really well on the speech then the letter. But i still have mixed emotions. Im literally tryna predict the worse marks i could get, I done WJEC. How do you feel... mixed emotions ? or is it just me
Reply 9
Original post by takertr
It was alright. Completed all questions to the best of my ability except q2 where we had to write how does the leaflet persuade could of have added a few more points. Also writing was alright done a speech and letter. i think i done really well on the speech then the letter. But i still have mixed emotions. Im literally tryna predict the worse marks i could get, I done WJEC. How do you feel... mixed emotions ? or is it just me

I have Very mix emotions about it
Original post by sacra898
Hey 😊

I resat the English exam yesterday and, surprisingly, I found it to be easier than what I expected. (AQA foundation paper) The questions weren't too bad; I worked my way from the back of the paper to the front (so I started at question 6). I didn't get to complete q2 nor q3 though but I'd rather have missed those questions over section B. Why did u find question 4 hard? did you complete any practise papers in preparation for the exam?

On the foundation it was about presentational features and there was not many to compare
Hey 😊

I also did about 3/5 past papers for this exam alone
On the foundation it was about presentational features and there was not many to compare

yeah I noticed that too... I compared colours, paragraphing and imagery as both sources used them all. cba doing separate features lol. Do you know when we will be getting the results for this exam?:confused:
yeah I noticed that too... I compared colours, paragraphing and imagery as both sources used them all. cba doing separate features lol. Do you know when we will be getting the results for this exam?:confused:

12th of January x
Reply 14
Original post by takertr

whats daforest? i did higher, sorry for late reply btw, i did wjec so maybe youre on about aqa? i do feel like i did much better in my original exam in summer, timing was definitely an issue! i just hope ive done well, my uniit 2 exam is tomorrow...
also, was wondering, you know in a resit, if you do worse the exam board uses your better grade, but is it individually or overall? because i was 4 marks off an A, but if i feel like i did better in the unit 1 summer exam and worse in this one will they use my summer exam result or overall if i diid worse in these exams they'll use my summer exam result? hope i made sense haha and hope everyone else did amazng!
Reply 15
I hope it went well for you

thank you same goes but i dont think it went too well, next exam is tomorrow, unit 2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending