The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Accommodation Offers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Oh, they finally sent me an email:smile: , im in Whitworth too..Garstang House...i think its the refurbished ones since its £2,725 ima have to pay..and i think they wont be any washbasins
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 41
My accommodation offer finally came through today and I am soooooooooooooooo happy. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: I got my first choice Hulme Hall. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: :party:
Reply 42
Wanted Whitworth Park. Got Chandos Hall. Miles away from lectures. Am I the only person to have been put there? BSc Geog with Geology:confused:
Reply 43
I've had an offer for Whitworth Park - Derby House. It was my third choice and I just realised I don't even get a sink in my room, so I'm a bit gutted seeing as how my first choice was en-suite :frown: Anyone want to swap?

x x x
Reply 44
mel_x_jay
I've had an offer for Whitworth Park - Derby House. It was my third choice and I just realised I don't even get a sink in my room, so I'm a bit gutted seeing as how my first choice was en-suite :frown: Anyone want to swap?

x x x

Heh, I applied for en suite aswell, but I do get a sink (thank God).

Just be sure to put your name on the transfer thing in October.
Reply 45
I wasn't even that fussed about being put in Whitworth, I've heard it's quite popular but being a girl I think I'd need a sink. Ah well, I'll just have to see what it's like when I get there. Anyone else in Derby House? I read that's where they room some post-grads too, so now I'm worried it will be harder to make friends. Someone please tell me I'm worrying too much. lol

x x x
How is accommodation allocated at Manchester? I mean I got none of my choices and I'm wondering whether its just bad luck or could I have done something other than submit the form and confirm my place as quickly as possible lol?!?
Reply 47
I'm in Dalton Ellis GR.G.15 although my annual rent is over £200 more than what it says was paid for 2006/07 which is kinda crap :frown:

But still, I got a place to live and base to party from :biggrin:
Reply 48
Flapthefish
How is accommodation allocated at Manchester? I mean I got none of my choices and I'm wondering whether its just bad luck or could I have done something other than submit the form and confirm my place as quickly as possible lol?!?

Apparently a fair few submitted the application in Dec/January, so it seems to be that we were beaten to it by the overprepared.
So happy :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: got my first choice for accommodation at Weston Hall!!! can't wait to move in and check it out!:rolleyes:
Business man, when did u submit ur accommodation form??? I'm determined to get to the bottom of this hehe :biggrin:
Yeh im in victoria hall. I didnt want to be in the City Centre. I applied around end of may with an unconditional. Didnt recieve an offer until y'day even though they said end of june or 2weeks after. I phoned up multiple times after june and they never really knew what was happening with it, and kept saying i should recieve one in the next week etc. It doesnt seem fair. The halls seem nice, but its the location thats a problem (wanted to be in a green area due to my asthma) and prob wont be with the rest of the social scene. Anyone got any advice?
Reply 52
Invertedzero
Yeh im in victoria hall. I didnt want to be in the City Centre. I applied around end of may with an unconditional. Didnt recieve an offer until y'day even though they said end of june or 2weeks after. I phoned up multiple times after june and they never really knew what was happening with it, and kept saying i should recieve one in the next week etc. It doesnt seem fair. The halls seem nice, but its the location thats a problem (wanted to be in a green area due to my asthma) and prob wont be with the rest of the social scene. Anyone got any advice?

PM me with the room info (i.e. ensuite or not, catered/non catered, length of contract and rent).
Reply 53
Hm.. I only applied earlier today to 3 places all in high demand and en suite (Sheavyn, Pankhurst & Canterbury). I was lucky enough getting into the uni in the first place, so I'll trust my luck again and hope for one of those 3 :P

Though if my luck fails me... do they just place you somewhere else at random or do they ask you first to make some other choice?
Reply 54
somewhere random usually.
Flapthefish
Business man, when did u submit ur accommodation form??? I'm determined to get to the bottom of this hehe :biggrin:

I submitted it early in December when i got my conditional offer from Man uni in mid november time :wink: Why? all accommodation places are allocated after results day for home students, and at an earlier date for international students. I am sure you will get yours just be patient :smile:
Reply 56
lapsaJ
somewhere random usually.

well that's ****ed. i'm gonna have a hard time possibly not being able to take peaceful ****s & lengthy showers
Reply 57
vassiliy
well that's ****ed. i'm gonna have a hard time possibly not being able to take peaceful ****s & lengthy showers

Just to warn you, I applied for Sheavyn and Pankhurst. They're both full.

I got placed somewhere with no ensuite (Owens Park).
Reply 58
vassiliy

Gonna have to live with it. I applied for sheavyn n richmond - no luck.
Surely all en-suite rooms haven't been taken up?! It seems on here that everyone who wanted an en-suite room hasn't got one! Looks to me like UoM is taking the mick!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending