The Student Room Group

GCSE's for oxford med school

At GCSE I got 10 a*s and 4 a's, the a's being in french, business studies, maths and biology. I know that for oxford med school they look at the proportion of a*s as well as the number of them. As I did spanish at GCSE as well as french, and got an a*, should I say on my UCAS application that I got 10 a*s and 3 a's, and not put french, as my proportion of a* grades would be higher
You have to declare all grades so I don't think that'll work. Regardless your results are already impressive enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No you have to declare all of your qualifications.
Original post by imaan567
At GCSE I got 10 a*s and 4 a's, the a's being in french, business studies, maths and biology. I know that for oxford med school they look at the proportion of a*s as well as the number of them. As I did spanish at GCSE as well as french, and got an a*, should I say on my UCAS application that I got 10 a*s and 3 a's, and not put french, as my proportion of a* grades would be higher

No. You will be rejected if your application is discovered to be fraudulent, and that can be as simply as lying about a grade. Declare all grades, unmodified. Your results are fine.
You have to include all your grades. Your results are amazing so I can't see why you wouldn't put them all down. :smile:
Original post by imaan567

You can't lie about your grades on UCAS. If they find this out you won't get into Oxford and your offer will be reverted.
Dont lie it's really not worth it. For successful applicants the average number of A*s is 10.3 and mean proportion is around 92%, so you will be fine as long as your BMAT score is good.
You must declare all grades.

Quick Reply