The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

I need information about laudries

Hi everybody.I'd like to know about laudry services.Firstly should I know how to use a washing machine?Will I have to know how to wash white clothes clothes made of wool,jeans etc. or also to adjust the temperature?Or will I be able to give my clothes to be washed and just pay for them when they are washed?Finally if I pay some more pounds may I have them ironed too?
If you are living in halls you will need to know exactly how to use a washing machine, tumble dryer and ironing board (although I don't often bother with ironing). As far as I know you can't get someone to do your laundry for you even by paying, in a laundrette you'd still need to know how to use a washing machine. I don't think you'd be able to get anyone to iron your clothes either.

Using a washing machine is an important life skill. In a student house, which you are likely to move in to in the second year, you will either have to use a laundrette or have a house with a washing machine.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Time to learn a thing or two on independence perhaps? Scary innit... :rolleyes:
Reply 3
The washing machines in halls won't be as hard to work as domestic washing machines.
Reply 4
Do all halls have washing machines? I read somewhere that only some do...:confused:
Reply 5
Ah and something else.Will I have to buy an iron?Or is it provided by the halls of residence?Actually I'll be living in Oak House,Sycamore Court.
Reply 6
Im pretty sure each flat comes with an iron but I wouldnt bank on it. The Laundrettes are easy to use. Just put your washing in, put your tablets/ washing powder in, put in your money and then press either whites, colours, press or woollen. Its fairly simple!!

Latest

Trending

Trending