The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
~Kirsty~
there was another page that said mid - but what i think it is is that by the time the applications from the 1st have been processed and sent to universities it will be mid september. Just don't panic! :smile:

It takes two weeks for them to process them? If I recall correctly, last year, it only took about 4 days, or so.
Reply 21
i think they quote 7-10 days or something daft. Plus it depends on when you submit it, there will be a mad rush at the beginning of september and then it will die down.

Its not just porocessing them from our side of things, ie setting track up etc. Sending the applications to universities can take time. I'm wondering if they don't send applications on till mid september, but start inputting and setting up your application on the system before then.
Reply 22
~Kirsty~
i think they quote 7-10 days or something daft. Plus it depends on when you submit it, there will be a mad rush at the beginning of september and then it will die down.

Its not just porocessing them from our side of things, ie setting track up etc. Sending the applications to universities can take time. I'm wondering if they don't send applications on till mid september, but start inputting and setting up your application on the system before then.

I expect what you say is correct. That you can submit them from the 1st September, but there is a delay until about mid-September before they are fully processed.
Reply 23
That would be my guess - i doubt uni's want to start receiving applications so close to all the dilemmas about clearing etc.
Reply 24
I don't think you can apply until mid-September, so about 15th of September onwards.

However, it may be the 1st - we'll see tommorow.
Reply 25
I think they allow you to submit from the 1st, but the uni's don't get them till after the 15th... so no real rush to apply till then.
Reply 26
~Kirsty~
I think they allow you to submit from the 1st, but the uni's don't get them till after the 15th... so no real rush to apply till then.

On UCAS Apply 2008, I have completed my UCAS form fully, and ticked all the boxes, showing each section is completed. When I do this, the following message appears:

"Applications for 2008 year of entry can be sent to UCAS from mid September 2007

Applications for 2008 year of entry can be sent from mid-September."

So I assume that I will not even be able to submit it to UCAS until 'mid September' - around the 15th.

The only odd thing as mentioned is that this contradicts the timetable which was linked to in this thread saying they can be submitted from the 1st. However, we will know tommorow.
Reply 27
OMG - I just realised how soon applications begin. I need to get my PS finished!!! ARGH.
Reply 28
I know - thats why i thought the 1st since thats what the calender says... You'll find out soon enough i guess.
Reply 29
~Kirsty~
I know - thats why i thought the 1st since thats what the calender says... You'll find out soon enough i guess.

Yes, i'll post tommorow and report whether it can be sent yet, but I doubt it will be possible to send it until mid-September. I guess they pushed the date forward since they made that timetable and didn't correct it (I realise I must look silly being so impatient about sending it :laugh:).
Anyone know why the UCAS form should be sent before the Oxford form? (someone said you should aim to send the UCAS first)
Reply 31
Just out of interest, whats the mad rush? I didn't send my application off until 20 december and I still got 6 offers. I'm a lazy git lol
Reply 32
qubog
Just out of interest, whats the mad rush? I didn't send my application off until 20 december and I still got 6 offers. I'm a lazy git lol

I know, I'm being very impatient about it. :laugh:
Reply 33
I didn't take any chances with offers! I got mine in early too -and got majority of my offers within 2 weeks, so i think it works to get it in as soon as your ready! :smile:
Reply 34
~Kirsty~
I didn't take any chances with offers! I got mine in early too -and got majority of my offers within 2 weeks, so i think it works to get it in as soon as your ready! :smile:

That's what I plan to do! :smile:
Reply 35
talespirit
Anyone know why the UCAS form should be sent before the Oxford form? (someone said you should aim to send the UCAS first)

Maybe so the university has you on their system before you send in the form.
Reply 36
You can already pay for and send your application to your reference, I've done so but my referee has yet to check it and submit it. (Don't freak out I'm only so early because I'm applying Post A level). It can be submitted to Universities from 1st September according to most sources, but that is organised by your school. Once you've sent it to referee your job is done and you can't edit it any more (unless you get them to return it to you for some reason)

silent ninja
Lets say I don't get in anywhere this year, which looks like its the case, do I have to cancel my current application to reapply for next year? When does the current one 'run out'?

You have until the 30th of September to withdraw from the 07 cycle in order to be eligible to enter the 08 cycle, so plenty of time to make up your mind/get things sorted. I can't find the exact source but I remember looking it up as I planned to withdraw to reapply.
Reply 37
Nadeshka
You can already pay for and send your application to your reference, I've done so but my referee has yet to check it and submit it. (Don't freak out I'm only so early because I'm applying Post A level). It can be submitted to Universities from 1st September according to most sources, but that is organised by your school. Once you've sent it to referee your job is done and you can't edit it any more (unless you get them to return it to you for some reason)

I'm applying as a private candidate - so not through a referee. Also, if you're sending it through a college you normally have everyone paying the college don't you? I'm pretty sure it's going to be mid-September, not the 1st, as it says so on the Apply 08 form, and I can't imagine that is going to be wrong and we are going to be able to submit the forms tommorow.

Nadeshka
You have until the 30th of September to withdraw from the 07 cycle in order to be eligible to enter the 08 cycle, so plenty of time to make up your mind/get things sorted. I can't find the exact source but I remember looking it up as I planned to withdraw to reapply.

You can withdraw an application at any time can't you? I withdrew a 2007 UCAS application back in May 2007.
Reply 38
Well, it's now the 1st of September and the same message appears:

"Applications for 2008 year of entry can be sent to UCAS from mid September 2007

Applications for 2008 year of entry can be sent from mid-September."

So I guess it is mid September, around the 15th onwards before I can submit it.
Buggeroo. I've completed mine but go travelling on the 8th, I was hoping to send it off before I leave. Bah.

Latest

Trending

Trending