The Student Room Group

Moving to Australia on working holiday visa - Need some advice!

Hello, I am planning to move to Australia next year, but I am really nervous about doing it and would love to speak to someone who has been there, done that!!

I know the basics already about visas and whatnot.. I just want some advice about finding work, a place to live and settling in! So please let me know if you've done this cos I'd love to get your advice :smile:
Original post by al292
Hello, I am planning to move to Australia next year, but I am really nervous about doing it and would love to speak to someone who has been there, done that!!

I know the basics already about visas and whatnot.. I just want some advice about finding work, a place to live and settling in! So please let me know if you've done this cos I'd love to get your advice :smile:

Contrary to popular belief, Australia has loads of houses and stuff. Go to google maps and type in "Canberra" or Sydney" then switch to satellite view. They are cities, kind of like New York or London. Settling in will be much the same as anywhere else. They also speak English too! Australia isnt all about requiring a big knife, and even bigger bollux to go food shopping.

Quick Reply

Latest