The Student Room Group

Failed my driving test

For the second time. 7 minors and a major for being in the wrong lane at a roundabout. I am losing the will to leave and feel like i'll never pass! It doesn't help that my dad keeps saying I deserved to fail :frown:

What can I do guys?
Aw sorry to hear this.
Don't listen to him, he should be supportive of you and encourage you :smile:
It's best to just forget about this incident and focus on your next text :smile:
Just try to relax and stay calm

Good Luck :smile:
I've just started learning to drive and I think it's extremely difficult. I think if you remain calm you'll pass next time with flying colours :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by sapunzel97
For the second time. 7 minors and a major for being in the wrong lane at a roundabout. I am losing the will to leave and feel like i'll never pass! It doesn't help that my dad keeps saying I deserved to fail :frown:

What can I do guys?

Why were you in the wrong lane?? People fail the test for a reason; they are dangerous to themselves and other road users. You have your transcript, so now you can work on your flaws.
To make people feel better and hopeful. I just passed my test. 8th time lucky! All the times I failed for reasons that I would not accept. 6th time was terrible. A drunk guy hit my car on the side when my car was STATIONARY and the examiner told me that I should have given more room for the drunk guy. Don't lose hope guys. Just keep doing. Its the only way to freedom. Ahhh.. FREEDOM.. I love it! :smile:

All the best
I felt exactly the same first time I had 3 majors and 6 minors!, second 2 majors 5 minors, third 1 major 4 minors and I passed on my fourth time with 4 minors. Don't lose hope! YOU CAN DO IT
Original post by sapunzel97

What can I do guys?

Your dad is out of order for saying that. Sure, you did something that cost you the test but you didn't DESERVE to fail. Now you know what you did wrong, is it nerves? Or do you generally have an issue with lane discipline in roundabouts? I passed 3rd time, and I'm glad it was the 3rd because even though I was so close to passing my first time, I made so many silly mistakes that had I passed, I'd probably be a worse off driver than I am now. Practice and keep practicing, don't beat yourself up about it trust me, just get back out there, calm down and do your best!

Quick Reply

Latest