The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Graduate Admissions 2017

Interested to hear from other Sept 2017 applicants about the process and current stats, background of this year's hopefuls.

My first choice is the Msc International Migration and Public Policy program, while my second choice is Msc International Relations but obviously with the competitiveness of the latter, I'm more keen on getting accepted into my first choice.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, thanks for starting this thread!
I am reinstating my application for the MSc in Economics for the 2017 semester. I was accepted last time around but decided to take a year out to work for a big name international development institution to get experience and save some money. I have a 3.98 GPA from a mid-level university in the US where I got two degrees and two minors, two publications, a year of teaching experience, and one very impressive diplomacy internship. My recommendation letters are very strong, as is my personal statement (I had a bunch of professors give feedback).
So I feel like I've got a great shot, but I can't relax until I have the offer in my hand again haha. I hope we can all worry together here :smile: Anyone else hoping to hear back before the Christmas closure? In the past it seems that people have gotten offers before January as the website says.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Hi

I reinstated my offer as well. For Msc in accounting and finance. I was given an offer last year but couldn't make it as I was ill. Fingers crossed for this time. My tracker currently says 'under consideration'.
Reply 3
Hi swkr! My application also says "under consideration" and has since October 10. From looking at past forms it seems like most people who reinstate are successful and hear back relatively early on. Fingers crossed. Also, I hope your health has improved.
Reply 4
Good luck everyone! has anyone heard back with offers yet?
Reply 5
Original post by kinc7802
Hi swkr! My application also says "under consideration" and has since October 10. From looking at past forms it seems like most people who reinstate are successful and hear back relatively early on. Fingers crossed. Also, I hope your health has improved.

M health has improved a lot. I am currently in the post illness-do nothing- recovery stage!. :wink: Thanks for asking.

My application has been under consideration from October 10 as well. Did you ask for a deferral before you reinstated your application?
Reply 6
Original post by swkr
M health has improved a lot. I am currently in the post illness-do nothing- recovery stage!. :wink: Thanks for asking.

My application has been under consideration from October 10 as well. Did you ask for a deferral before you reinstated your application?

Glad to hear your health is better!
I did not bother asking for a deferral because the person I spoke with in admissions said that econ very rarely grants deferrals and that just reinstating would give me the best chances.
Reply 7
I did not bother asking for a deferral because the person I spoke with in admissions said that econ very rarely grants deferrals and that just reinstating would give me the best chances.

Ah. Okay. Was wondering cause I applied for a deferral but wasn't granted one. :frown:
I've applied for the MSc in Finance and Economics. I believe its probably one of the most competitive programs offered by the LSE. I would like to speak to fellow applicants of this program.
Reply 9

Have you heard anything from them yet ?
Original post by swkr
Have you heard anything from them yet ?

Not yet! I've kind of given up hope of hearing before Christmas to be honest. Now I'm just hoping for very early January :smile:
Anyone applying to their MSc Accounting and Finance programs?
Reply 12
Not yet! I've kind of given up hope of hearing before Christmas to be honest. Now I'm just hoping for very early January :smile:

The wait is killing me. Do you think we should give them a call? Could that hurry things along? :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by ubermotivated
Anyone applying to their MSc Accounting and Finance programs?

Hi. I have applied to Msc Accounting and Finance. :biggrin:
Nice to hear from a fellow applicant.

Have you submitted your application yet?
I have submitted application in early October and till now it's been over 9 weeks. Admission says it take 8 weeks to reach a decision and the first offer will be out in January. So I think everyone who have applied for more than 8 weeks and haven't heard anything are likely to get good news after Christmas since if the application is rejected then it would have happened within 8-week period.
Reply 15
Original post by Sammy2534
I have submitted application in early October and till now it's been over 9 weeks. Admission says it take 8 weeks to reach a decision and the first offer will be out in January. So I think everyone who have applied for more than 8 weeks and haven't heard anything are likely to get good news after Christmas since if the application is rejected then it would have happened within 8-week period.

:smile: I like the way you are looking at it. But I somehow don't think I can rest until I see the offer email. :redface:

May I ask what couses you have applied for?
(edited 7 years ago)
Me too! I feel on edge nearly all the time. I was planning on waiting until January to call, but that is partly because I'm shy and worried that they would be annoyed. But it has been over eight weeks... Let us know what they say if you decide to call?
I can actually attest to this and it is the way I have been looking at it. I actually emailed LSE asking something to this effect. This is my response from the admission team:

Dear Sean,
Thank you for your email. Decisions are a rejection or extension of offer, we will start issuing offers from January 2017 onward. If you have been rejected from a program, we will however communicate the decision to you from when graduate admissions hears of that decision.
Regards
Graduate Admissions
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 18
Hi, receive an offer from development studies today but no gss. Hope you guys have good news
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by evansmak
Hi, receive an offer from development studies today but no gss. Hope you guys have good news

CONG!!! May I ask when did you apply? And I think LSE said the first offers will be released in Jan, there are chances receive before Christmas right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending