The Student Room Group

11pm Finish on a Sixth Form Night ?

Hi,
I've been offered a job at my local Sainsbury's and once a week I finish at 11pm, it would take me about 20 minutes to cycle back home. I'd probably be asleep around midnight and get up at 6.30. I am in Year 13(17 years old).
Would you say this is to late to do once a week or not ?
Thank you
(edited 2 years ago)
I definitely wouldn't recommend it apart from maybe a friday as you dont have sixth form saturday.
I don't work but doing activities right up until 11 is exhausting and you will almost certainly be tired the next morning unless you get up at like 11AM.
(edited 7 years ago)
Personally, I wouldn't. I know it's only once a week, but six-and-a-half hours sleep (or probably less once you've faffed about getting ready for bed) is nowhere near enough for someone studying for probably the most important exams they'll take. Is it really worth being tired and groggy for the next day too (which would mean two days spoilt, not just the one) for just one extra shift?
Reply 3
Don't you have to be 18 at least to work in Sainsbury's?
Don't do it!
Reply 5
I had Thursday/Friday/Saturday myself, I thought I was fine with it but I didn't realise how tiring it was until I quit... you HAVE to prioritise your A-Levels.
Original post by Alexion
I had Thursday/Friday/Saturday myself, I thought I was fine with it but I didn't realise how tiring it was until I quit... you HAVE to prioritise your A-Levels.

What subjects were you doing for AS and A2?
Reply 7
What are the working hours?

I regularly finish work at 10:30 and do not get back until 11pm or so, after full eight-hour shifts. In all honesty, you are probably more likely to sleep well after a day of work than opposed to a day of rest; if you're in bed at 11:30 that's seven hours sleep. Although not ideal, it isn't the end of the world. You could also try and speak to your manager/supervisor after hiring about cutting down your finish time to about 10pm.
Reply 8
Original post by MajorFader
What subjects were you doing for AS and A2?

Maths, Further Maths, Physics, and dropped Geography after AS :cute:

Quick Reply

Latest