The Student Room Group

HELP! Money budgets for students?

Can people from university comment on this please about roughly their budget for every week/ to term (food, mobile, books, travel etc)? I know it will be different for everyone but I am asking because I will be given the lowest amount of maintenance money to live at university so I need to know approximately what things will cost, any deals for travelling for students, best bank for a student etc. I am so stressed!
Lloyds Bank has good student accounts, you may want to look into that. :smile:
I manage to live decently and go out with £280 a month, including phone bills, but then I don't have a bus pass since my flat is within walking distance from city centre and from campus.
You shouldn't need to spend any more than £20-25 a week on food. Meal planning is a good idea.

Most other costs will depend on you.
I'm living at home so I pay £84 for a monthly pass that I use for train and buses. For food, I tend to make a sandwich from home so I don't spend a lot on food since I'm living at home. I would sometimes just get a drink or a packet of crisps at uni but thats about it. I haven't brought any university books for the time being but you can borrow books from the library so what's the point buying one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
A job could help
One of banks (I can't remember who it is now) gives away a railcard with their student account, if that's any use to you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending