The Student Room Group

Where do you buy your makeup?

Do you buy your make up from more general shops such as boots and supermarkets, from specific brand shops? Do you buy in store or online? Do you buy it often?

I usually buy mine from Boots or Superdrug for the points and discounts. I don't wear too much so don't need to buy it often often :smile:
Reply 1
I'm not a massive make-up person really,
my eyebrow pencil's actually from poundland, I quite like the colour. Being black, I can never find one which doesn't look like I've coloured my eyebrow with a felt-tip, or that doesn't look a ridiculously light brown colour - and I don't have the patience to be going around make up shops lool.

And the current lipstick is from sleek, or £1 ones from superdrug/boots, bargain :smile:.
Reply 2
I don't wear make up often, maybe like a handful of times a year :colondollar: but I usually get make up from Avon. My gran usually stock buys so many eyeliners, lip glosses, lipsticks etc and she always gives me some :laugh: I'll probably get my wedding make up from Avon too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TK_23
I'm not a massive make-up person really,
my eyebrow pencil's actually from poundland, I quite like the colour. Being black, I can never find one which doesn't look like I've coloured my eyebrow with a felt-tip, or that doesn't look a ridiculously light brown colour - and I don't have the patience to be going around make up shops lool.

And the current lipstick is from sleek, or £1 ones from superdrug/boots, bargain :smile:.

Original post by Spock's Socks
I don't wear make up often, maybe like a handful of times a year :colondollar: but I usually get make up from Avon. My gran usually stock buys so many eyeliners, lip glosses, lipsticks etc and she always gives me some :laugh: I'll probably get my wedding make up from Avon too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm similar, I choose makeup mainly based on a budget. Do you think buying more expensive brands is a waste of money?
I don't wear make-up. But I buy other cleansing and facial stuff from Superdrug and their make-up seems pretty nice, but it's quite expensive, like £8 for nude lipstick? lol :biggrin:
Boots. The Advantage card scheme is the best and they do NYX now. I like spending a decent amount of money on make up that's good quality.
(edited 7 years ago)
I usually go to Boots and Superdrug. I sometimes buy makeup from Beauty Bay, Selfridges and Mac.
I tend to stick to cheap highstreet brands, and always take advantage of any offers in places like Boots or Superdrug :laugh: I go through quite a bit of eyeliner but my eyes are very sensitive so I have to be careful what I buy. I tend to stick to quite cheap lipsticks as well. I usually spend between £1 and £4 on each, and the most I've spent is £6 on one, which was bought as part of an offer as well

Quick Reply

Latest