The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I just applied for Biomedical Science at Lancaster, Sheffield, Kent, Aston and Warwick.

Lancs is the uni I really want to go to. I went to an open day earlier in the year and I just fell in love with the place. It rained the whole day. I was in heaven :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Good people! yes, apply for Lancaster! Cokeandtears, I know someone who was accepted to cambridge, and changed his mind a day before he was meant to go, adn came to Lancaster instead....
Reply 42
come to lancaster people! its great!
Teao the Cat
Good people! yes, apply for Lancaster! Cokeandtears, I know someone who was accepted to cambridge, and changed his mind a day before he was meant to go, adn came to Lancaster instead....

woah what subject was that for??
Reply 44
:eek:
I want a Lancaster offer so badly :frown: I loved it on the open day!!!
Reply 46
^^ Me too :rolleyes:
Reply 47
Aww, this topic brings back so many memories!

Guy's I'm in my ...... 5th week here and I can't reccommend it enough :smile: I absoloutly love it ^_^

I hope all your offers come through and that you all get the grades and that you're all on here next year doing the exact same thing as I am now ^_^ :biggrin:

Yay!! Also, a bit of early advertising for you County is the best college out there :wink: :biggrin:

If you have any questions feel free to pm me or anything! I'm doing the maths international course, which is basically the exact same as regular maths! :biggrin:
Reply 48
Celifein
I just applied for Biomedical Science at Lancaster, Sheffield, Kent, Aston and Warwick.

Lancs is the uni I really want to go to. I went to an open day earlier in the year and I just fell in love with the place. It rained the whole day. I was in heaven :smile:

Im a current biomed student so if you need any info or anything just gimme a bell
Reply 49
Pacibald
Im a current biomed student so if you need any info or anything just gimme a bell

Got a letter today asking me to attend an Open Day/interview, but it's during my exam week (crap!). Gonna arrange a different day for the interview. Luckily I've already been to an Open Day, so it won't do me any harm to miss that.
cokeandtears
woah what subject was that for??

It was for History... And, since we are already talking about colleges, Bowland 'til i die! We are right smack bang in the middle, especially Bowland main- it takes me less than 2 minutes to get to most of my lectures, and you are right by the bar and Alexandra square... and the underpass, which is good when you come back lugging about sixteen ton of sainsburys basics tins of beans and a couple of litres of juice!
Reply 51
To All Current 1st Years -
I agree, how wierd is it, this time last year we were getting the advice ... now were giving it!! LUSH!

Anyhow, Lancaster is awesome, there is soo much to do and you are never bored!! Come Here-
PS - County is a sh** college... Furness is where to be!! (Sorry Tom)
DannyOwens
To All Current 1st Years -
I agree, how wierd is it, this time last year we were getting the advice ... now were giving it!! LUSH!

Anyhow, Lancaster is awesome, there is soo much to do and you are never bored!! Come Here-
PS - County is a sh** college... Furness is where to be!! (Sorry Tom)

I agree... about the advice bit, not the Furness bit (Bowland til I die! Everyone please stop stealing our song! :smile: ) I almost feel like i'm not qualified or something.... But I do know that I'm happier here than anywhere else int he world! Whatever you want from a uni, Lancaster has it- good reputation, good nightlife, if youre into that sort of thing, but plenty to do otherwise, lots of societies, great support system, good lecturers (well, every uni has one or two that leave a little to be desired, but hey....)
Reply 53
how good is lancaster in terms of its reputation? and how good is the psychology department? be honest.
Yayyyy! Got my Lancaster offer today! I loved Lancaster when I visited :biggrin:

French
BBB

Woooo!
Reply 55
*Han*
Yayyyy! Got my Lancaster offer today! I loved Lancaster when I visited :biggrin:

French
BBB

Woooo!

Congrats :smile:
Reply 56
Lancaster has gone up in the leage tables every year for about 11 years, it this year won the title of best in the north west in the leage tables, beating manchester (hahaha...) it constantly on the rise its one of the best in country for engineering, biological sciences and business related subjects. Thats in terms of reputation, but thats not what should make you go to a university, it should be the right course and the right place..
Reply 57
Ohhh and two of my friends do psycology and they both love it, i believe that that department is also very highly regarded...
Reply 58
Teao the Cat
I agree... about the advice bit, not the Furness bit (Bowland til I die! Everyone please stop stealing our song! :smile: ) I almost feel like i'm not qualified or something.... But I do know that I'm happier here than anywhere else int he world! Whatever you want from a uni, Lancaster has it- good reputation, good nightlife, if youre into that sort of thing, but plenty to do otherwise, lots of societies, great support system, good lecturers (well, every uni has one or two that leave a little to be desired, but hey....)

Alas, its nice that you two believe so much in your colleges even though they are so crappy :rolleyes:

County is about 30 seconds further than Bowland and you don't get the sweet sound of drunken students lulling you to sleep! Because being on Alex Square and the spine, means alot of that :biggrin:

We've got a tree .... what have you got, NOTHING :biggrin: Also you're both stealing from Fylde, which is just the lowest of the low! Come up with your own college songs! County wears a magic hat :biggrin: Thats original! ^_^

Annnnnnnnnyways........ as you guys can see no matter which college you end up in, you'll think its the best (even if that does mean being delusional :wink:)

I love lancaster ^_^ Its nice to wake up 5 mins before a lecture and still be there early :biggrin: Also, everyone is really friendly, I can't emphasise that enough! Honestly when we're not abusing different colleges, and even when we are, everyones really nice! :smile:

There are sooooo many societies, you won't know what to do with yourself! I know I joined loads at first.

Anyways, I'm ranting on now, again any questions, feel free ^_^
Also you're both stealing from Fylde, which is just the lowest of the low! Come up with your own college songs! County wears a magic hat Thats original! ^_^

Actually, I think the original is 'Bowland 'til I die...' I have no idea what Fylde's is.... But thye have, umm.... forcibly wrestled it from us, just like everyone else! To be fair, I don't think I have heard County singing it, but I have a theory that you got your tree from the forest to Bowland! I never said I made much sense!

Latest

Trending

Trending