The Student Room Group

Was it a mistake not to call?

I had offers for History and Politics at Glasgow and Southampton Universities with both requiring grades ABB. I acheived grades BBC with the C being in English Literature and 1 mark off a B grade.

Although both universities were providing clearing spaces for my course in 2006, neither had any clearing spaces for this year. Therefore I presumed that it was no use calling the Uni's and trying to plead my case.

However now I am beginning to feel that as I was more or less one grade away from matching my offer, perhaps I should have made the effort.

Please share your opinions.
Reply 1
Personally, I think you should've called and asked to be let on the course - it's likely someone else could've called and taken up a place you might've been able to get hold of. It's too late to worry about now though - and that's a shame. Sorry.
Its a long shot, but why dont you call tomorrow.
I'm still in clearing, and whether it is advertised or not I'm still calling-- over 200 students got into medicine through clearing and those places were NEVER advertised.
My old teacher said it was also worth trying as even up to fresher's week, uni's often end up with 'no shows.' Looking at this forum, you'll see the odd thread of people pulling out. Its a long shot, but why not?
Reply 3
:doh:
Reply 4
You should have you would have had nothing to lose.
Reply 5
Still call - you've nothing to lose.

Although i'm a bit skeptical about why you chose a firm and insurance uni with the same offer - maybe you shuld have chosen an insurance with a lower offer... anyway... thats off topic, and in the past.

Give them a call, who knows, they may change their minds.

Latest

Trending

Trending