The Student Room Group

need desperate help for physics a-level!!!!!

Okay I got two issues in my life atm, first one is I need help with physics A-level, I have no idea how to revise for it, like the people in my class are so smart they get it straight away and I'm like whaaatt, and honestly it makes me feel like complete ****, and to make it worse I failed my AS. Literally. Failed. And my predicted grade for it is an E. How tf do I improve, I'd be hella grateful for any advice guyssss, idek if this will get read ah fml lol I'm on the verge of crying for the rest of the year (for my second issue I'm may make a new post about it bc this is already pretty long)
Have you looked at anything on mathsandphysicstutor?
Use the specification and make concise notes from a revision guide. As you're making notes if there is anything you don't understand then use a textbook/YouTube/teacher and go over it till you do.
Once you've covered the whole spec start going through old practice papers and questions.
Identify where you're going wrong and go back over the topic/notes.
Repeat this until you come to the more recent papers and you should be getting A's.
Original post by emmald583
Have you looked at anything on mathsandphysicstutor?
yeah I've looked at that website but its a bit confusing for me, but I use it for economics revision and its been my saviour aha
Original post by HopelessMedic
Use the specification and make concise notes from a revision guide. As you're making notes if there is anything you don't understand then use a textbook/YouTube/teacher and go over it till you do.
Once you've covered the whole spec start going through old practice papers and questions.
Identify where you're going wrong and go back over the topic/notes.
Repeat this until you come to the more recent papers and you should be getting A's.
you make it sound so simple lool, but i will defo try that, thank you so much!!
Original post by vaselinebruv
you make it sound so simple lool, but i will defo try that, thank you so much!!

It is simple but unfortunately requires effort. Honestly you can get decent grades at A-level ( I've only done AS but i assume it's the same ) by just doing tonnes of past papers and learning mark scheme answers.
Reply 6
Okay I got two issues in my life atm, first one is I need help with physics A-level, I have no idea how to revise for it, like the people in my class are so smart they get it straight away and I'm like whaaatt, and honestly it makes me feel like complete ****, and to make it worse I failed my AS. Literally. Failed. And my predicted grade for it is an E. How tf do I improve, I'd be hella grateful for any advice guyssss, idek if this will get read ah fml lol I'm on the verge of crying for the rest of the year (for my second issue I'm may make a new post about it bc this is already pretty long)

More than any help with the content you need guidance which are not found in the text book. First never compare your self with others, each individual is different. Second find what is going wrong. For that you need to answer one complete past paper and check what kind of questions you can not answer. For example some of my students for AS level find solving numerical examples easy but can not write concept based questions. They simply are unable to explain a concept. It needs practice and hard work. Are you ready for that? If not , then try something else. Don't be under the impression that simply by reading the content you can do well in the exam. You have to prepare in the right way.
Original post by sengupta
More than any help with the content you need guidance which are not found in the text book. First never compare your self with others, each individual is different. Second find what is going wrong. For that you need to answer one complete past paper and check what kind of questions you can not answer. For example some of my students for AS level find solving numerical examples easy but can not write concept based questions. They simply are unable to explain a concept. It needs practice and hard work. Are you ready for that? If not , then try something else. Don't be under the impression that simply by reading the content you can do well in the exam. You have to prepare in the right way.
thank you so much! I started with particle physics and I read, understood and made notes and attempted exam questions and it made much more sense! Although particle physics tends to be the simplest haha. Do you have any good websites or youtubers you know of that could help?
yeah I've looked at that website but its a bit confusing for me, but I use it for economics revision and its been my saviour aha

Yeah its my saviour for economics too!:tongue:
Reply 9
thank you so much! I started with particle physics and I read, understood and made notes and attempted exam questions and it made much more sense! Although particle physics tends to be the simplest haha. Do you have any good websites or youtubers you know of that could help?

Never mind even if it is the simplest one. In fact , it makes sense to begin with something which is simple. When you are successful in completing that work it gives you self confidence as well as satisfaction which goes a long way to motivate you. As far as Youtube videos are concerned I find Khan Academy and Prof Walter Lewin's lectures the best.

Quick Reply

Latest