The Student Room Group

Should i apply for universities requirin UKCAT or GAMSAT

Hey guys, i'm a management undergrad looking for to Graduate Entry to Medicine. However despite my passion to be a dr, i am not intelligent when it comes to science. i am determined to learn though. I was wondering whether UKCAT or GAMSAT is easier for someone like me. Any advice? :smile:
If you find scienhce hard then you will struggle to do medicine. What A levels did you do?
Reply 2
I too find science a difficult subject to get my head around but after beginning a level 3 access course im finding its not so much about learning it there and then in class but going away and breaking things down step by step, you may also find your attitude to education may have changed. Im also looking to enroll on an Applied sciences Foundation degree course and all I can say is both courses require a determination to learn and you cannot go into it light heatedly so.

Regards to UKCAT and GAMSAT - UKCAT is non scienced based, GAMSAT requires science knowledge
Original post by redhelen
If you find scienhce hard then you will struggle to do medicine. What A levels did you do?

I found it difficult during GCSEs however i enjoy it weirdly enough. My A-levels were Sociology, Philosophy&Ethics, Business and Psychology
Original post by Screech93
I too find science a difficult subject to get my head around but after beginning a level 3 access course im finding its not so much about learning it there and then in class but going away and breaking things down step by step, you may also find your attitude to education may have changed. Im also looking to enroll on an Applied sciences Foundation degree course and all I can say is both courses require a determination to learn and you cannot go into it light heatedly so.

Regards to UKCAT and GAMSAT - UKCAT is non scienced based, GAMSAT requires science knowledge

I feel the same, I enjoy it however it is a difficult one to get around. I hope it goes well! thank you for your advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending