The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Really? I was the same - i thought Hull was much much older! Learn something new everyday.
~Kirsty~
Really? I was the same - i thought Hull was much much older! Learn something new everyday.

it's wierd isn't it! i think because the university hovers around with the new universities in the league tables [usual disclaimers here re: tables] , and because bradford has a dodgy reputation, i just couldnt imagine it having a traditional university producing an educated sub-culture. i grew up in grimsby which is a dreadful, declining industrialised town and i could never imagine a traditional university being there!!! having said that, hull is pretty awful too (though the_alba will disagree with me here!), but i know the reputation of hull for social sciences - it's a massive centre regionally in the north-east and produces some great work of national and international importance. same for its medical research too!

who knows! it's a strange old world.
Reply 22
I don't know with hull i have it in my mind as a decent institution in terms of its natural sciences side of research.

I'm from Barnsley, and i have always ahted Bradford the city, and never thought of Bradford University as one of the traditional ones either.

I wonder if these perceptions are the same from people who lived say in London?
Reply 23
Hey in response to the OP questions I would say go for Bradford. It has one of the top management schools in the UK for post grad. It was ranked no.20 in the top 50 business schools in the UK and is rated in the Top.10 business schools in the UK. These rankings apply only for post grad though. Btw many others have listed other options such as Warwick and stuff which is defently superior to Bradford. But between Liecester and Bradford for MBA. Bradford is a clear winner. Now if you were going for your undergrad then Liecester would probably edge out. But in terms of MBA I ve heard Bradford is top notch. Anways the decision is your buddy. Dont only go for the rankings though. Check what course suits you, your budged and your personal needs. Anways good luck with your decision
Reply 24
Oh, I just found out Manchester University also offer distant learning MBA. Any thoughts about Manchester Uni VS Warwick? BTW, Manchester Uni costs teh same as Warwick but Man Uni offers UK prof teaching in HK. Thanks.
Reply 25
Not a business person view - but i think Warwick is better than Machester.

If Manchester is more convenient for you in terms of teaching then surely thats the better option?
Reply 26
I do think Manchester's program is structured better. Although both are distant learning, but Warwick makes you attend classes at UK for 8 days per year..which is kind of dumb as this makes it not truly distant learning. I do agree that Warwick has a better overall reputation though.
Reply 27
Have you had any views from users in the business forum?
Reply 28
yes indeed. bits and pieces
What *******s that Hull is good. It's not. People get into BBB courses with DDD. They're desperate for people, and employer's know it.

There's nothing wrong with Leicester. If Warwick's deifnetley out of the question, go with Leicester.
Reply 30
I found some university names can be confusing to outsiders. London Business School, University of Long, London school of Businesss and Finance, London school of economics, etc...are they all different institutes?
Reply 31
The University of London is made of different colleges/institutions found here: http://www.london.ac.uk/colleges_institutes

Any not on that list are not part of University of London.

(Oh and Hull is good for certain courses - mainly the ones taught at the Scarborough campus - like Environmental Science. The law department isn't meant to be that bad either)

Latest

Trending

Trending