The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accomodation

How far away is the accommodation to the university? I've heard some people say it's 30 minutes by bus, whilst others say it's just across the road. How far away are they on average, and where is the closest/furthest accommodation? Thanks
Just wanted to add, I live off campus and it's never taken me as long as half an hour to get to university on the bus. In addition, Greenbank, which is off campus, is being newly refurbished for next year.

Depending on what you're studying, campus accommodation is about a 5-10 minute walk from lectures. If I was in Vine Court or Crown Place some of my lectures would be about 10 seconds away.

I would highly recommend Melville Grove. I don't live there myself, and it's often overlooked, but is a great place to stay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by kaytaylou
Hey there are two in campus halls which are Vine Court and Crown Place. I live in Vine and you are literally minutes from everything because I do law most of my lectures are on south campus, most lectures are a 5 minute walk away. I'm catered as well and get breakfast and dinner everyday.

If you're doing a science the majority of the lectures are on north campus, Crown place is in the middle of campus. It's self catered.

There is an off campus hall called Philharmonic which is a 10 minute walk away from the uni. It's self catered.

There are two off campus student villages called Carnatic and Greenbank. Depending on what the traffic is like it's about a 15 minute bus ride, but in the mornings it usually takes about 30 minutes. It's all catered. The rooms here are quite old, whereas the on campus accommodation is quite modern.

Hope that helps :smile:

hey :smile: are you on the vine court premier one ? i got an offer for law and i got emailed all the prices for accomodation and im think whether it will be worth it or not 😄 thanksssss
Reply 3
Yea vine court catered it wasn't my first choice and it's pretty expensive but the rooms are pretty big you get an en suite and you get a double bed. If you want I can send photos of my room

That would be so nice of you if you could do that thanks :h:
I live at Melville Grove which is on south campus. It's the cheapest self catered accommodation available and I really like it! Some of my lectures are a five minute walk away, others are on the opposite side of campus and take 15 minutes to walk there (I do modules in different department buildings, hence the difference in distance between lectures).

Vine Court accommodation and the library are both across the road from my accommodation.

No one has mentioned them yet but other on campus accommodation includes Tudor Close (across the road from the university sports centre) and Dover Court (on north campus near the oceanography department).
Reply 5
hope this helps :smile:

thankyou so much :tongue:
Original post by alterskye
I live at Melville Grove which is on south campus. It's the cheapest self catered accommodation available and I really like it! Some of my lectures are a five minute walk away, others are on the opposite side of campus and take 15 minutes to walk there (I do modules in different department buildings, hence the difference in distance between lectures).

Vine Court accommodation and the library are both across the road from my accommodation.

No one has mentioned them yet but other on campus accommodation includes Tudor Close (across the road from the university sports centre) and Dover Court (on north campus near the oceanography department).

Hi !!

I am coming on an exchange programme to the university in Jan 2017, where I will be mostly taking Maths courses.

So, I wanted to ask if there is a difference between Melville Grove and Tudor Close?

And, do you recommend any of them (if so which one), or should I look for private accommodation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending