The Student Room Group

Year 12 Thread: What A-Level grades do you want to get?

GCSEs have GONE, it's now time to focus on getting outstanding A-level grades? But what grades do you actually want to see when you open that envelope on Results Day 2018?
Comment Below...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by H.MBoss
GCSEs have GONE, it's now time to focus on getting outstanding A-level grades? But what grades do you actually want to see when you open that envelope on Results Day 2018?
Comment Below...

A*A*A*A for Physics Maths Further Maths and Chemistry
Reply 2
Original post by student004

Interesting. I am aiming for A*A*A*A* in Chemistry, Biology, Maths and French. Good Luck in your studies!
Original post by H.MBoss
Interesting. I am aiming for A*A*A*A* in Chemistry, Biology, Maths and French. Good Luck in your studies!

Thanks and you too. I mean the more A*s the better. Currently I'm doing Biology as an As as well but i dont think you can get an A* at As.
Reply 4
Thanks and you too. I mean the more A*s the better. Currently I'm doing Biology as an As as well but i dont think you can get an A* at As.

Sadly, you can't. I don't know about you, but at my school we were told due to the changes in the specifications, some subjects such as Biology, must be continued to A2, meaning that you would be obligated to sit all the exams at the end of Year 13. To sum up, doing an AS wouldn't count as all the exams would be sat in Year 13. I'm really curious which exam board are you doing?
A*A*A*A* (Maths, Further Maths, Biology and Chemistry) and hoping by the end of this year I get 95+ in Bio and Chem mock exams and 100% in all my AS maths modules :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
A*A*AA in Maths, Chemistry, Further Maths and Biology, respectively.

Obviously the dream would be 4A*s but I think As are hard enough to get :lol:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
A* A A - Maths,chemistry and biology
A/B in as economics :smile:
Predicted to get A*AAA with the A* being in Maths.
Absolute minimum I'll accept will be AAAA but I think I'll get A*A*AA.
Original post by H.MBoss
Sadly, you can't. I don't know about you, but at my school we were told due to the changes in the specifications, some subjects such as Biology, must be continued to A2, meaning that you would be obligated to sit all the exams at the end of Year 13. To sum up, doing an AS wouldn't count as all the exams would be sat in Year 13. I'm really curious which exam board are you doing?

yeah but I'm dropping biology because I dont want to do 5 alevels
I'm doing Edexcel for Maths and Further Maths, for Biology and Physics I'm doing AQA and for chemistry I'm doing OCR A.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hoping A*AA or at least AAA. Drama, media and Fine art

Posted from TSR Mobile
A*AA
AAA Minimum.
A*A*A in Maths, Further Maths and Physics.

Absolutely never going to happen :frown:
Atleast CCC
A*, A*, A, A or A, A, A, A

Maths, D.T, Physics, Chemistry

Why A in chem?
Original post by NiamhM1801
A*A*A in Maths, Further Maths and Physics.

Absolutely never going to happen :frown:

Oh it will. Just know everything. I'm sure you're a clever gal.

I'm stupid and I really want these grades.
Predicted A* in further maths, hope this helps my application lol
Original post by Bulletzone
A*, A*, A, A or A, A, A, A

Maths, D.T, Physics, Chemistry

Yeah fam we saw your thread. Why not all A*s?
Do not hold back.
Original post by Maths is Life
Yeah fam we saw your thread. Why not all A*s?
Do not hold back.

Chemistry...........................................................................................................................................:biggrin:

however, I won't let that stop me from trying to do my very best. I guess that's why my Gcse's were not the best. I aimed low. :frown:
Original post by Maths is Life
Oh it will. Just know everything. I'm sure you're a clever gal.

I'm stupid and I really want these grades.
Predicted A* in further maths, hope this helps my application lol

Thanks, it's just such hard work. The maths isn't a problem yet, but physics - oh my 😣
You can't be stupid, you're doing further maths!!
Wow, that's awesome! I'm predicted an A for this year, don't know about next year. Are you applying for maths?

Quick Reply

Latest