The Student Room Group

Marmite: Love it or hate it?

Poll

Marmite: Love it or hate it?

Love it or hate it? I can't stand marmite, my mum has it on toast occasionally and just :puke: Everyone seemed to get so upset when tesco stopped selling it for a couple of days, I just sat there like :lolwut: There's few things I can think of I'd rather eat less...

Are there any other foods you love and everyone else hates, or the other way round? @Deyesy always tells me off for not liking nutella or coffee, I think that's just me though :getmecoat:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hate it! Hate it! Hate it! The smell and taste makes me want to puke.

I hate Marmite, tea, cucumbers or haggis. I don't make a very good Brit or Scot :colondollar:
Don't think I've ever tasted marmite! The crisps are tasty though.
:yucky:
I'm sorry marmite lovers.
it makes a tasty hot drink in the winter. not as nice as bovril™ but pretty good :h:
Hate it, it's disgusting
A dippy egg with marmite soldiers is one of life's great pleasures.
Original post by furryface12
Love it or hate it? I can't stand marmite, my mum has it on toast occasionally and just :puke: Everyone seemed to get so upset when tesco stopped selling it for a couple of days, I just sat there like :lolwut: There's few things I can think of I'd rather eat less...

Are there any other foods you love and everyone else hates, or the other way round? @Deyesy always tells me off for not liking nutella or coffee, I think that's just me though :getmecoat:

Spoiler

I have a theory here. Do you also not like parmesan? Or blue cheeses like roquefort? Or sundried tomatoes?
Nooope. Gross. Hate it :laugh:
Reply 9
Love it.

Not sure about this guy though.

Reply 10
Absolutely not :argh:

Nutella though Furry... :tongue:
Reply 11
Butter and marmite on ryvita is a quick and tasty breakfast!

(and as I can't cook, it often makes a quick and tasty lunch or dinner too...)
hate it..
at the back of the marmite bottle it says try on toast.I tried it on toast and after the 1st bite threw it in the bin.

Spoiler

Original post by Reality Check
I have a theory here. Do you also not like parmesan? Or blue cheeses like roquefort? Or sundried tomatoes?

:colone:
I like marmite.

Recently I was told about combining it with cheese on toast. Haven't got round to it yet though.
I'll admit, the idea of Marmite toast does make me salivate a little bit.
Original post by the bear
it makes a tasty hot drink in the winter. not as nice as bovril™ but pretty good :h:

Do you just use it the same way as Bovril when making the drink?
Original post by tamil fever
hate it..
at the back of the marmite bottle it says try on toast.I tried it on toast and after the 1st bite threw it in the bin.

Spoiler

You probably used too much tbh.
Reply 19
Vegemite > Marmite

Quick Reply

Latest