The Student Room Group

How strict is your school uniform

Hi how strict is your school uniform? I think mine is quite strict but fair. My school uniform is
School jumper with school logo
School polo shirt with school logo
Black school trousers
School shoes or plain black canvas pumps as alternative no trainers boots heels or non black footwear

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lioncub40
Hi how strict is your school uniform? I think mine is quite strict but fair. My school uniform is
Black school trousers
School shoes or plain black canvas pumps as alternative no trainers boots heels or non black footwear

Mine was very similar, blazer with a logo and otherwise either a jumper or just a shirt and everyone wore Kickers to be honest.

My sister's school was very strict, would have to stick to a uniform in the summer that feels like it was designed for the winter, apparently..so we are in luck :smile:
I had shirt, blazer, trousers, black shoes and our house tie, for lower school. Then in Sixth Form, was just suit and tie... They were relatively strict and the only time we could remove tie and jacket/blazer was when the Master or Deputy Master declared it was summer uniform, which was only when we were all ****ing sweltering xD
Mine is okay now I'm in sixth - Black trousers (not jeans), black shoes (pure black but anything other than stilettos etc is fine) white shirt, tie, and then black/grey/red anything else on top - they're really lenient with this, so dresses, jumpers, cardigan, jumpsuits, dungarees (not black denim), tank tops etc.

It's very comfy and a welcome change from the younger years - personally I just wear cotton skinny trousers, shirt, tie, black fake cons and a black oversized jumper.
Reply 4
Business suit every day
Reply 5
These are my school shoes image.jpg
Black school trousers

Briefs (Preferably Calvin Kleins)
Bow-tie
Yeezys (We need to wear the boosts or we can't attend lessons)
North Face jacket
Reebok Classics duffel bag.

Stationery & Supplies:
Extra packs of condons for all that contact time (Preferably extra-small)
Compass for self protection from randoms
Oversized ruler to compensate for body features.
Over-the-top Ti-6969 calculator to graph dem curves.
Years 7-11 = Blazer, tie, shirt, trousers, shoes - all the normal stuff. Our school is quite strict with staff constantly harassing students if their shirts are tucked in or not wearing blazers, even in summer

6th Form - unfortunately our school made a smart dress code (don't see the point tbh:rolleyes:) but its not too bad, at least I don't have to wear the same thing everyday and teachers don't moan about tucking in shirts (well some do but I just ignore them) etc

Honestly I don't see the point of a dress code, unis don't have them anyway so.....
Black school trousers

That's pretty lax imo, in my school youngest have to wear school shirt, school tie, school hat, school blazer, school socks pulled up, black shoes etc
In senior school it's school everything, tie, blazer, trousers, shirt etc. In sixth form it's a suit, in a smart colour, dark socks, you can have brown shoes, mac coats and trench coats allowed, tweed is ok ish, school tie again.
Reply 9
Original post by SeanFM
Mine was very similar, blazer with a logo and otherwise either a jumper or just a shirt and everyone wore Kickers to be honest.

My sister's school was very strict, would have to stick to a uniform in the summer that feels like it was designed for the winter, apparently..so we are in luck :smile:

I would hate having to wear a tie and blazer
ours was quite strict but fair - in year 7 - 11 we had shirt, house tie, trousers/skirt, school blazer, black shoes etc, in year 11 your tie got upgraded to a posh year 11 only tie which made our year group look cool.
then it went bonkers... They rebranded the school uniform when I got to year 11 though which looked absolutely horrible, luckily that happened when I was in year 11 - when I was in year 10 they started introducing ``Uniform Cards`` and you'd get detention if you weren't wearing it properly... silly idea - one lad needed a new one cos his went through the wash and he had to bring the trashed card in to prove it to get a new one...
Reply 11
Original post by bizzy_penguin
ours was quite strict but fair - in year 7 - 11 we had shirt, house tie, trousers/skirt, school blazer, black shoes etc, in year 11 your tie got upgraded to a posh year 11 only tie which made our year group look cool.
then it went bonkers... They rebranded the school uniform when I got to year 11 though which looked absolutely horrible, luckily that happened when I was in year 11 - when I was in year 10 they started introducing ``Uniform Cards`` and you'd get detention if you weren't wearing it properly... silly idea - one lad needed a new one cos his went through the wash and he had to bring the trashed card in to prove it to get a new one...

What were the uniform cards for ?
What were the uniform cards for ?

to make sure we had our uniform `done up` correctly :smile:, ie. top buttons, long tie/skirt. if it wasn't done correctly it would be signed by a member of staff and if you got 3 signs you'd get a detention... :frown:
white shirt
navy blazer with skl logo
tie with a logo (colour depends on the year u r in)
navy pleated skirt/ black tailored trousers
navy v-neck with skl logo
Reply 14
to make sure we had our uniform `done up` correctly :smile:, ie. top buttons, long tie/skirt. if it wasn't done correctly it would be signed by a member of staff and if you got 3 signs you'd get a detention... :frown:

Ouch lol my school only check that we have our polo and jumpers with school logo on and proper school trousers and were wearing plain black footwear.
There's only 1 rule for school uniform at my school

Birthday suit only
At my secondary school, we had to wear a white shirt, a blazer with braiding of our house colour (mine was blue), black trousers, and black smart shoes.

Now at my sixth form (attached to said secondary school), no uniform whatsoever.
Ouch lol my school only check that we have our polo and jumpers with school logo on and proper school trousers and were wearing plain black footwear.

lucky you :smile: a polo shirt I think is more practical, luckily in college we can wear anything we want within reason, hence a wardrobe stocked full of jeans, hoodies, and jumpers :smile:
Reply 18
lucky you :smile: a polo shirt I think is more practical, luckily in college we can wear anything we want within reason, hence a wardrobe stocked full of jeans, hoodies, and jumpers :smile:

It's a comfy uniform we have a school hoodie to but I don't wear mine very often
It's a comfy uniform we have a school hoodie to but I don't wear mine very often

why not? mind you when I was at school we'd just put hoodies/jackets on underneath our blazer :smile:
we were sort of allowed in the winter, I would have preferred my PE. uniform as the school uniform... that would have been nice... during a heatwave one year they forbid us to wear blschool blazers and sent a letter out to parents also forbidding us to wear them because it was so hot... :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest