The Student Room Group

We used to talk everyday and now he's gone. I can't cope

I've been unable to sleep, eat and been sick for a week. Everytime i look at my phone I don't see his name like I used to. He's so busy with a new job all of a sudden and pushes me away when I try making conversation.

The week before he started working he was totally fine and the same guy I've known for two years. I told him how I feel and he was so odd despite trying to claim he was being friendly. How do I get rid of this feeling?

When I go out to distract myself I get too emotional and come home. When I'm home I get really bad anxiety and thoughts of what could've happened. I HATE IT :'(
Suck it up and move on, the only way.
Reply 2
Original post by ckfeister
Suck it up and move on, the only way.

I promise I'm trying.
Original post by Anonymous
I promise I'm trying.

Are you two dating..?
Reply 4
Original post by SyOnGuitar
Are you two dating..?

No he wanted to but things were too tough in terms of job and distance so we never committed officially despite always talking about how much we like each other. It just stopped so suddenly and he's acting weird (claims to be busy)
Original post by Anonymous
I promise I'm trying.

Give it a few months.
Reply 6
Original post by ckfeister
Give it a few months.

Yeah I know but right now each day is tough. Just hate this feeling.
It doesn't get less easier but less harder with the passage of time.One day will turn into 3, 3 into 7 and 7 into a month. You will just eventually get used to no longer having this person in your life. One day you will no longer think about this person when you wake up or before you fall asleep even though it may never feel like that right now.

I honestly am in the same place as you and I know how it hurts. My "thing" lasted around 6 months, his messages to me were the highlight of my day, and he just stopped replying the day after I realized that I actually loved him. It's been nothing from him for 15 days. The first time he did this I I wrote him a message just saying that I didn't know why things were different but that i would accept his decision if he longer wanted to talk to me anymore. Writing a goodbye message will help you move on, it's up to you if you want to send it. But focus on the positives of the relationship you had with him.

You now have a vacuum and you need to fill your spare time. I know your heartbroken right now,but consider new activities. I Deactivated my Facebook account because i got tired of hoping that he would get back to me.It would hurt to see him actually online but just no longer make time for me anymore and not know the reason why.

Cry. Journal. There is no set time for when you should be over this- you will know when you're ready. Here if you want to talk,
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Lemons1990
It doesn't get less easier but less harder with the passage of time.One day will turn into 3, 3 into 7 and 7 into a month. You will just eventually get used to no longer having this person in your life. One day you will no longer think about this person when you wake up or before you fall asleep even though it may never feel like that right now.

I honestly am in the same place as you and I know how it hurts. My "thing" lasted around 6 months, his messages to me were the highlight of my day, and he just stopped replying the day after I realized that I actually loved him. It's been nothing from him for 15 days. The first time he did this I I wrote him a message just saying that I didn't know why things were different but that i would accept his decision if he longer wanted to talk to me anymore. Writing a goodbye message will help you move on, it's up to you if you want to send it. But focus on the positives of the relationship you had with him.

You now have a vacuum and you need to fill your spare time. I know your heartbroken right now,but consider new activities. I Deactivated my Facebook account because i got tired of hoping that he would get back to me.It would hurt to see him actually online but just no longer make time for me anymore and not know the reason why.

Cry. Journal. There is no set time for when you should be over this- you will know when you're ready. Here if you want to talk,

Aww I've just seen this.. let me message you x
honestly, I think he's creating distance to lose feelings for you as you said he wanted to date you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by unaManzana
honestly, I think he's creating distance to lose feelings for you as you said he wanted to date you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That doesn't make sense :frown: we were gonna meet up the day after he started ignoring me (he was so keen to meet that day). Then all of a sudden he was gone.... i can't sleep just thinking about the possibilities

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending