The Student Room Group

OCR A- Biology

So I was just wondering if people doing this new spec course at the moment prefer the cgp biology textbook or the oxford (Ann Fullick) one. In my opinion, the cgp textbook is better and I used it for AS and only managed to secure a C grade using it. I was just curious if anyone managed to use the cgp textbook and get higher than a grade C because it might have just been from me not doing enough revision and past papers. I'm working on a plan to achieve a higher grade for A2 so please share your other revision strategies for this course if you would like. Thanks.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

I have started bio and I prefer cgp. But I'm using both cuz the Oxford one has more detail and explains it better.. (I use cgp for confusing things eg. Calibration)..

Also the cgp book misses some important things like differential staining.)

Did any question about differential staining, microscopy or calibration come up on the AS exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending