The Student Room Group

How to stay motivated with an unconditional offer?

I've got an unconditional offer from the university I wanted to go to.
I used to be really motivated to get into uni but now that I'm already in I just can't seem to be as enthusiastic to work hard for my A-levels anymore. Any advice?
Realise that university is merely a link in the chain and perfection all the way through is best.
I knew tons of people like this. But just realise if you dropped out of university say it wasnt what you expected or wanted to change and go to a different one you'd be pretty screwed!

Well done on the offer though:-)
Reply 3
Original post by MilenaW
I've got an unconditional offer from the university I wanted to go to.
I used to be really motivated to get into uni but now that I'm already in I just can't seem to be as enthusiastic to work hard for my A-levels anymore. Any advice?

Employers still look at your A Levels...
A lot of graduate entry jobs ask for a 2:1 in a bachelor's degree and a certain number of UCAS Points from 3 A Levels.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
That's a very good point, thanks :smile:
Original post by VikkiHanley
I knew tons of people like this. But just realise if you dropped out of university say it wasnt what you expected or wanted to change and go to a different one you'd be pretty screwed!

Well done on the offer though:-)
Have pride in working hard and getting good grades. Sure, it doesn't matter as you'll get into uni either way, but you'll want to look back on your grades one day and feel proud of yourself for fulfilling your potential.
Reply 6
Original post by AshEntropy
Employers still look at your A Levels...
A lot of graduate entry jobs ask for a 2:1 in a bachelor's degree and a certain number of UCAS Points from 3 A Levels.

I forgot to mention that Universities also look at your A Levels if you want to study a Master's Degree or a PhD

Quick Reply

Latest