The Student Room Group

RS GCSE Edexcel Unit 4 and 11

Hi,

I'm currently studying Islam in RS but I have an issue, how much do I actually write in an 8 mark question?

Usually in exams I tend to exceed the amount of space given for 8 mark questions and I'm sure the paper wasn't made for people to need extra space, and the space provided should surely be enough.

Do I really need too much detail in c questions, and what sort of information is needed for me to get my full 8 marks?
(edited 7 years ago)
That was me, before! In an 8 mark question, you'll be surprised to know that you only need 4 SMALL paragraphs. By small "paragraph", i mean about 2-3 lines: say a point e.g. Angels are important because they have been mentioned in the Qur'an, and then make a tiny explanation e.g. The Qur'an is the words of Allah and they must therefore believe in Angels.
Do this 4 times to get 8 marks. If you have a quote, put it next to one of your points and you'll instantly get 2 marks (for that "paragraph") without having to explain! If you do all this, you should never exceed the amount of space provided for your answers.
p.s. my R.E teacher is an examiner herself and told me this :wink:

I hope this helped
Reply 2
Original post by alyaapenguin
That was me, before! In an 8 mark question, you'll be surprised to know that you only need 4 SMALL paragraphs. By small "paragraph", i mean about 2-3 lines: say a point e.g. Angels are important because they have been mentioned in the Qur'an, and then make a tiny explanation e.g. The Qur'an is the words of Allah and they must therefore believe in Angels.
Do this 4 times to get 8 marks. If you have a quote, put it next to one of your points and you'll instantly get 2 marks (for that "paragraph":wink: without having to explain! If you do all this, you should never exceed the amount of space provided for your answers.
p.s. my R.E teacher is an examiner herself and told me this :wink:

I hope this helped

Thank you! Feels reassuring knowing your teacher was an examiner! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending