The Student Room Group

Postgraduate Study fiunding

I'm currently in my third year on a history course looking to apply for a masters in Historical studies starting next September. However, I'm unsure about the means of funding for my masters. It will be taught, however the student finance website isn't exactly clear regarding whether or not you are able to apply for the full £10,000 straight away or if your parents household income is taken into consideration.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Get in touch with them and ask. I'm moving this to the SFE forum so you'll hopefully get a response from them.
Reply 2
Original post by dc611
I'm currently in my third year on a history course looking to apply for a masters in Historical studies starting next September. However, I'm unsure about the means of funding for my masters. It will be taught, however the student finance website isn't exactly clear regarding whether or not you are able to apply for the full £10,000 straight away or if your parents household income is taken into consideration.

Thanks in advance for any help.

The PG Loan is not means-tested. If you meet basic eligibility (UK residency, no previous postgradstudy etc) and you apply for £10,000, then you get that amount paid in installments:
https://www.gov.uk/postgraduate-loan/what-youll-get
"The loan isn’t based on your or your household’s income."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending