The Student Room Group

Why do people hate/dislike me?

Honestly I don't know the reason but I don't think people really like me. I am quiet person if you don't know I'm not the one to talk to
Anyone and everyone and that's beside the point. I have stepped back and reviewed if its me or the people and it's definitely the people because I do absolute nothing to people and I get the vibes they don't like me for some odd reason. I've seen on other forums that if you are like a reserved person and don't really talk or bother to put yourself out there you are seen to be arrogant.

But anyway, do other people find this happening with them or anything similar? Because seriously it's got to the stage where I'm confused
Original post by Anonymous
Honestly I don't know the reason but I don't think people really like me. I am quiet person if you don't know I'm not the one to talk to
Anyone and everyone and that's beside the point. I have stepped back and reviewed if its me or the people and it's definitely the people because I do absolute nothing to people and I get the vibes they don't like me for some odd reason. I've seen on other forums that if you are like a reserved person and don't really talk or bother to put yourself out there you are seen to be arrogant.

But anyway, do other people find this happening with them or anything similar? Because seriously it's got to the stage where I'm confused

You are overthinking. Quiet people generally get more overlooked in social situations because it's the loud-mouthed ones who seek the attention. Doesn't mean people don't like you. Just smile more and perhaps try to pipe up a bit and I'm sure people will warm up towards you.
Perhaps people find you a little strange/ intimidating because you don't speak much or aren't open? You might confuse them or freak them out a bit. Or maybe it's your body language which gives them strange vibes? Like the other poster said, smiling goes a long way!
(edited 7 years ago)
You need to be able to show people the difference between being shy and being arrogant. Usually the shy ones aren't arrogant rather the ones with a loud mouth.

Open up to people especially during group work, talk to your partner whom you sit with or your table. Contribute! Do it slowly, at your own pace. People will understand you are a friendly person in no time.

:rofl: ok then so you're an anti-social introvert, no biggie
Original post by Applepiex3
You need to be able to show people the difference between being shy and being arrogant. Usually the shy ones aren't arrogant rather the ones with a loud mouth.

Open up to people especially during group work, talk to your partner whom you sit with or your table. Contribute! Do it slowly, at your own pace. People will understand you are a friendly person in no time.

Guilty.
And you give very good advice all the time.
Reply 6
Those people need a reality check

I'm sure that people don't hate you.
They're probably jelous of you.
Don't let it bother you.
You have loads of people who like you on TSR.
Am I right guys?
Most people don't hate you.

They don't care one way of the other. I know that is hard to accept because we are the centre of our own universe, but it is true for all of us.

Everyone has lots of acquaintances, and a real friends and a few real enemies. We have a family, and perhaps a lover or spouse.

But most people are utterly indifferent whether we live or die, just as we are about most other people.
Reply 9
i dont really see why everyone's always obsessed with people liking them or not.
I'm often an aroggant jackass and as a result theres usually one person or another that's annoyed with me at any one point. thing is though thats life, thats who I am and if they cant handle it then who cares.
the trick is you've gotta stop putting so much time into thinking about what other people think of you cos unless you don't like the type of person you are then other peoples opinions really mean jack ****.
Original post by 0to100
Guilty.
And you give very good advice all the time.

hehe, thank you! I'm just an amateur :sad:
Original post by ward47
i dont really see why everyone's always obsessed with people liking them or not.
I'm often an aroggant jackass and as a result theres usually one person or another that's annoyed with me at any one point. thing is though thats life, thats who I am and if they cant handle it then who cares.
the trick is you've gotta stop putting so much time into thinking about what other people think of you cos unless you don't like the type of person you are then other peoples opinions really mean jack ****.

Haha, I love your attitude

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending