The Student Room Group

Girls, what dress size, weight and height are you?

Before anyone says I know this sort of thread has been done before but I'm really self-conscious about my figure right now. I'm size 10 (UK), 8.5 stone and about 5'3. Does that sound okay or too chubby to you? It's just that I've seen so many threads and comments on here with girls who are thinner than me worrying about their weight or being told by other people that they're fat etc. I was a UK size 4 three years ago and I've always worried about my weight which is why I feel even more self-conscious of it now. Thank you in advance - no trolling please, only serious replies. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Before anyone says I know this sort of thread has been done before but I'm really self-conscious about my figure right now. I'm size 10 (UK), 8.5 stone and about 5'3. Does that sound okay or too chubby to you? It's just that I've seen so many threads and comments on here with girls who are thinner than me worrying about their weight or being told by other people that they're fat etc. I was a UK size 4 three years ago and I've always worried about my weight which is why I feel even more self-conscious of it now. Thank you in advance - no trolling please, only serious replies. :smile:

Your size and height seem fine to me, many people are the same dress size as you, personally I am a size 8, but i am about the same height as you as well, so it is completely fine to be that size in clothes, a friend ik is exactly like you in terms of size and height, and it is completely fine trust me. A lot of people nowadays wear the same size clothes as you as well, so it is fine. You shouldnt stress about it. Hope this helps :smile:
I'm 5 foot 5, weigh about 60kg and my dress size is a 10. I wouldn't worry about being a size 10, as x-bhakti-patel said, lots of people are size 10.
Reply 3
that is completely normal! it's a great weight :smile: 8.5 stone is not a lot at all. i am the same and I'm considered to be skinny.
(edited 7 years ago)
Urgh, it's you again. :colonhash:

Your weight is fine, stop it with these apparent 'self-conscious' threads, and just head down to the doctor, because it's clear you have some sort of BDD.
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Urgh, it's you again. :colonhash:

Your weight is fine, stop it with these apparent 'self-conscious' threads, and just head down to the doctor, because it's clear you have some sort of BDD.

Wow, you're such a nice person (!)

Learn to be considerate in situations like these, no one needs your negative input.
Well your BMI is around 21 so given that healthy is 18 to 25, you're a perfectly healthy weight.
Reply 7
I'm 5'4, 51kg and wear size 6 dresses and skirts, sometimes size 8. I gained 11 lbs due to depression this year but am hopefully going to drop back down to about 47kg because most of my clothes are size 6 and I'm getting to a stage where I have to squeeze into them and I end up with marks on my arms from the folded prints :frown:
I'm 5'3 and 67 kg which is healthy :smile:
5ft 7,10ish stone and an 8 on top and 10 below
Also just realised we're only about 5 lbs apart in weight, and I'm 1 inch taller, but our sizes our completely different. It's not always to do with your actual weight, it's your body curves and the way your weight is distributed and also the amount of "fit" you like your clothes to be. I like my clothes to be very fitted. And from the top half I usually don't have a problem fitting into smaller sizes because I have a small chest. Just having a bigger chest can mean you have to up your dress size, and that's usually nothing to do with your weight, it's just your natural curves so you shouldn't feel self conscious about it!
Reply 11

I'm 5'6, my weight is 9 stones, and my dress size is 11 loll
0, 0 and 0 - I'm a girl, but I'm also a non-human entity
I'm 5'5 and around 47kg
5'3 , 60kg and size 10/12 depending on where i shop :smile:
Wow, you're such a nice person (!)

Learn to be considerate in situations like these, no one needs your negative input.

No, no-one needs this circle jerk when plenty of people already have insecurities about their weight.

And, I don't care about being 'nice', when the situation doesn't call for it.

Ok, 'anon'. :wink:
wtf, surely you should be a size 8
6'2, 63kg and I am on the size 10/12 border. 12 is comfy as heck though.
66 kg
5ft11
Size 10 dress (12 IS COMFIE AS **** :colonhash:)
Size 8 tops

:colondollar:
:woo:
(edited 7 years ago)
5'4, 58kg, size 10 (sometimes an 8 if I'm lucky haha)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending