The Student Room Group

Studying accounting and finance - University of Essex or Heriot Watt

Hi all,

I'm a Vietnamese transfer student and recently received an offering letter from Essex and Heriot Watt. Currently I'm studying accounting and finance so can I have some reviews about the course in both Essex and Heriot? Which uni should I choose to finish my bachelor degree in your opinion?
Thanks a lot and I'm looking forward to hearing from you guys soon.
Original post by Chloetamvu
Hi all,

I'm a Vietnamese transfer student and recently received an offering letter from Essex and Heriot Watt. Currently I'm studying accounting and finance so can I have some reviews about the course in both Essex and Heriot? Which uni should I choose to finish my bachelor degree in your opinion?
Thanks a lot and I'm looking forward to hearing from you guys soon.

Hi there,

I'm currently a student at Essex so I can answer your questions for you.

Based in the new Essex Business school building, Essex is world leading in terms of accounting and finance.

We have a big trading floor which uses real life Bloomberg data and offer the chance for students to take an internship in the field as part of their course.

Whilst I cannot speak for Heriot Watt, Essex sounds like it would be perfect for what you want to do.

Hope that's helped. If there's anything else I can do then let me know :smile:
Hi Chloe,

Delighted to tell you a bit about Heriot-Watt’s Accountancy and Finance course. :smile:

We have a really good reputation and were ranked 1st in Scotland and 3rd in the UK for Accountancy and Finance in this year’s Guardian University Guide.

Accountancy and Finance at Heriot-Watt is also accredited by leading professional bodies:

Association of Chartered Certified Accountants

Association of International Accountants

Chartered Institute of Management Accountants

Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy

Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales

Institute of Chartered Accountants Scotland

This is really important as it gives you a head start if you wish to pursue an accountancy career - you won’t need to sit some of the professional exams which those who don’t have accredited degrees would need to sit.

Our 3rd and 4th years are also very flexible and let you customise the classes you take to suit your own learning needs. In 3rd year you have a choice for two of the 6 courses you take and in 4th year you have a free choice of 6 courses from 13 options.

You can find out more about our course content here: https://www.hw.ac.uk/undergraduate/accountancy-and-finance.htm

On top of the degree itself, we have a really vibrant international student population and beautiful campus set in the Scottish countryside and right on the doorstep to Edinburgh which is an amazing place to live.

Edinburgh is full of history and culture and as Scotland’s capital city, and one of the UK’s main financial hubs, it gives us brilliant links to the financial sector which benefit our students a lot with guest lectures and placement opportunities.

If you’d like to know more please don’t hesitate to email us at [email protected]

I look forward to hearing from you and best of luck with the rest of your degree!

Daniel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending